In line MOSFETS, actually any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In line MOSFETS, actually any good?

As the title says really, those in-line Mosfets that you simply plug in between your battery and the gun's battery connectors, are they actually any good? I cant see how they can be as they dont seem to replace any of the trigger contacts, which I thought was a big part of 'Fets and their microswitch response times etc.

I currently have an unknown Mosfet in one of my guns that I got 2nd hand and came with it fitted, and its fucking incredible. But its a "proper" Fet fitted to the contacts etc. This has made me want to fit one to all my guns, but Im too lazy to fit proper ones like that, then I stumbed across the plug and play in-line ones. Are they worth getting? Or would I be better off just paying someone else to fit a proper one?

Re: In line MOSFETS, actually any good?

Subbed as I want to know too.

Though then again my guns are all going in for a service soon so may get fetted'

Comment

They do not protect the contacts and therefore will not provide you with any of the benefits (improved trigger response + better lifespan) that a true wired in fet would bring.
      Most of these plug and play units simpy add additional features such as burst and battery monitoring, ROF control and sometimes pre-cocking which are features that can be implemented to the line in and will still have the bulk of the current being dealt with at the mechanical switch.

Unless you absolutely want to use one of these, I would strongly suggest going for something of the traditional FET layout as it betters lifespan of the trigger contacts and is far more efficient (significantly lower resistence, particularly on initial startup where many aftermarket motors will spike over 100A for a split second! - the closer you can stay to this, the quicker the pickup time, although a decent high drain battery pack is equally important)
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thats pretty much what I thought the answer would be, I couldnt figure out any way that it would get the same benefits!

Comment

Some of these mosfets can be hardwired to the contacts, personally I wouldnt bother with them unless you are prepared to solder to the contacts
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
          Working...
          X