An Upmarket MP5, does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Upmarket MP5, does it exist?

Hello all. I currently own a few AEGs, but my first was an ICS MP5A2. It was a wonderful form factor and I really enjoyed the ergonomics of the MP5 platform but ultimately it was a starter level model (the ICS this is) and it's poor performance and the fact it was very picky with mags made me consign it to the shelf and move onto a more upmarket AR15 variant.

However, I very much miss the MP5 platform and when it comes to CQB which is my preferred game type, I am yet to find anything as good as it for that (when it comes to my preferences).

Now everything else aside, I know there's not much investment in MP5 replicas and generally it's best for people to steer towards AR15 et al because there's just so much more on the market available. However, I've decided to return to MP5 territory. However, rather than upgrading almost everything on the ICS to bring it up to the required spec, I'd prefer to start out with a new higher-end model.

So that brings me on to the question, what's the best MP5 available on the market, that fits the following criteria:

-AEG
    -A3/A5 ideally or A2/A4 (but not SD etc.)
    -Not fussy with mags
    -Capable of taking Mid and Hi caps
    -Metal receiver
    -Budget £300-500
    -Capable of taking simple aftermarket parts (barrel, hop, mosfet, etc)

Furthermore, I would be running from 11.1 LiPo and likely putting in a couple of simple aftermarket upgrades such as a mosfet and the required parts to make it capable of running 11.1 without self destructing (metal teeth piston etc), and also bringing the FPS up to a stable 328 if it's not already there.

I'm aware of the Systema TW5 but as far as I know it's low-cap only which is a deal breaker.

Would the community have any recommendations of replicas to consider, and/or have any personal experience that'd be helpful?
    Last edited by klaus; 13 December, 2017, 17:17.

My first aeg over 11 years ago was an ICS MP5A4, I still have it,I never experienced any mag issues so can't relate but I did end up using S-arms mid caps which imo were the best, to be perfectly honest I love my mp5 but I don't use it having bought what I consider to be its real steel replacement, the EVO Scorpion which is almost perfect as an aeg, apart from the 75 round mid caps lol
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The Umarex /VFC AEG Mp5 with 3 rnd burst

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

klaus Find out more about klaus
      Working...
      X