New to hobby and Buying an RIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to hobby and Buying an RIF

I know to get ukara membership you haveto play a minimum amount of games within a certain time frame but once you have played at a site can you use proof of that as your defence for puchasing an RIF to use from then on or do you haveto play several times using the sites guns before being able to purchase one?. Basically i and a friend are starting up and would like to get a gbb at the earliest oportunity as opposed to waiting weeks and months but am not sure how many times we would have to play.

Thanks

Re: New to hobby and Buying an RIF

No, you need to have played the required number of games first, otherwise it would defy the point of play 3 or more games. You could just play one game, buy the gun and then never play again. The whole point of playing multiple games is that your proving your intent to use a RIF for its designated purpose.

You could however buy a two tone, and then once you have your defence (be it UKARA or whatever) then simply either spray or change the parts that are two tone for non two tone parts. Then you could play with your chosen rifle from day 1
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

The reason i ask is that although this is a requirement for obtaining ukara membership the vcra does not stipulate what a regular skirmisher is so wondered if site membership could count as a defence initially.

Comment

Correct, the VCRA does not stipulate a minimum time and if you could convince the retailer you are intending to use it for airsoft purposes then you can legally buy on your first trip to a shop prior to your first game....

....however,

The airsoft industry has survived on self policing and maintaining standards above and beyond what is legally set ouf. To that end i doubt you will find such a retailer, and if you do, they have no moral compass and are probably not the sort you want to be using in the first place.
        Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
        VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
        VFC 416c, 416d AEG
        HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

Originally posted by j1974 View Post
          The reason i ask is that although this is a requirement for obtaining ukara membership the vcra does not stipulate what a regular skirmisher is so wondered if site membership could count as a defence initially.
          Hello,

As others on this thread have correctly pointed out, you are right in saying that the law itself does not stipulate details about being a regular skirmisher. However the Home Office published a circular (HO circular 31 of 2007) which is where the UKARA drew the membership provisions from. Such Circulars are not law and could not be enforced directly, but, as others have also wisely pointed out, if the industry moves away from them then we are likely to see more restrictive law regulating us in the future.

I hope that helps explain why responsibly operated sites have the arrangements that you have found about membership.

Comment

Yes perfectly clear, thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

j1974 Find out more about j1974
            Working...
            X