Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup help.

Good day all!

First off I'll start by saying hello, I've just signed up and completely new to the sport/whatever you want to call it, Airsoft.

My brother has been going for a while now and I recently went along with him and instantly loved it.

In the days since that, I have purchased a Classic Army G36k from a friend that stopped playing a few years back. At his last recollection he said it was firing around 320fps with a 7.2 nunchuck battery.

Since receiving it and taking it to my brother we chrono'd it and it was coming in at a measily 230. The new spring being fitted along with a 7.4lipo has he gun firing at top end 302fps and only 10 rounds ps. So the fps has increased whilst the rps has decreased. Even then I'm not happy with that because site limit is 370 fps so I'm way off of a lot of people.

Generally, I'm wondering what I could do to increase both the fps and rps. Ideally I'd like to focus on the fps first. Any information would help immensely and I can provide more details to those that may be able to help me!

Many thanks,

J

Re: Setup help.

Anybody?

Comment

A new spring and looking at the air nozzle would be a good place to start
      "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Hey man, firstly FPS doesn't really matter as much as air seal/compression does. High end guns like Tokyo Marui come out of the box at about 280-300 FPS and have great range due to the air seal. So firstly I would look at a new hop unit, hop bucking and nub as if they are a few years old, then they will probably be knackered. Also they are the first and easiest thing to check/change/clean. That with a clean barrel and if you can get into the gearbox, clean and lube the piston and cylinder should raise the FPS and get better range, as for RPS. Find out what motor you have in yours then look in to a high torque motor or high speed motor. But remember that more often than not you will find that you will be in semi auto only situations, do a better trigger response is probably more important.
        Hope this helps, any more questions fella, pm me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its worth noting if you are losing that much FPS you may have a piston head, stripped piston teeth, cylinder head & nozzle or tappet plate broken / worn out.
          But i assume you checked all this out whilst changing the spring over?

Is the new spring an M100?
          It should be for an AEG in the UK, if all your airseal is correct as mentioned above, with a standard 6.08 barrel you should be producing 310-330fps, with a 6.03 barrel you should be producing 330-350fps.

If you are going standard;
          Check your inner barrel is straight (roll it on a flat surface) and give it a good clean out.
          Get a TM (Tokyo Marui bucking)

If you want to upgrade;
          Get a Prometheus EG barrel 6.03, dont be tempted to put a longer one in, if you do you open up another job of piston cyclinder matching.
          Get a Prometheus purple bucking, G&G green or TM.

As for the ROF loss, did you move any gear shims inside the gearbox? If they have been swapped around the gears may be difficult to turn.
          Other than that its guesswork for us, could be internal issue again, poor wiring / trigger contacts, battery, motor issue.

Comment

Hi all i just want to chip in as im the said brother, his gun is the classic army g36k.. i read online this model is 11.1v ready although i only have 7.4v myself. I changed the spring for an m120 shs spring. His gearbox has a quick release spring so at first i literally swapped that over Nd changed the stock motor for my old classic army aug motor.. the motor and old spring managed 13rps but the m120 slowed to 11rps. I own a TM p90 and can confirm the range of a quality hopup though my brother wishes people to feel the hits as we have alot of cheating arseholes.

Comment

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies! I'm such a noob to this that a lot of it flew straight over my head but I really appreciate you guys taking some time to reply. Hopefully some day I'll know a lot more about the internals of airsoft guns and whatnot.

My brother posts on this forum so he will be the only that is most likely going to reply to you all!

Thanks again,

J

Comment

I have read could be air leaks and recommended upgrading nozzle, piston, cylinder etc.
                Im by no means qualified to advise on repairs though i am quite sharp and can fix most things armed with youtube and an ipad

Comment

Hey guys, honestly if you have a m120 spring in there and your getting below 300fps then it's a piston cylinder, cylinder head and air nozzle problem. They all need a clean and lube. There is hundreds of videos on YouTube for that sort of thing. So with that you should see a big pull in FPS, the RPS dropped because the gears and piston aren't strong enough for that spring, hope this helps

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd suggest coming down to an easier spring, to increase the rate of fire and as has been mentioned before get the barrel cleaned, hop rubber cleaned or swapped and sort the air seal. Ptfe the cylinder head and make sure the nozzle is snug up in the bucking.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thisisjdog Find out more about Thisisjdog
                    Working...
                    X