Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

Originally posted by silentwarrior View Post
    Sorry to necro post but though I'd show my attempt.

What do you guys think ?

Cheers

Graham
    Where did you get the baton from?

Comment

I am also curious as to why you have a baton and a CS canister.

Comment

• AFO's also carry the standard police PPE equipment (baton, CS/Pava, handcuffs and limb restraints).

Comment

Originally posted by Rory4657 View Post
          AFO's also carry the standard police PPE equipment (baton, CS/Pava, handcuffs and limb restraints).

It's also an offence to own such items if you are just someone playing fancy dress. That's my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
            Look what arrived this morning!
            Also may have found the Molle vest Police are using;
            Aha! That looks like it! Minus the groin protector. Very gucci indeed. I really fancy doing an ARU loadout now.

Comment

If it's anything like the vest I've got the groin can normally be taken off.

Comment

Originally posted by welshwarrior View Post
                It's also an offence to own such items if you are just someone playing fancy dress. That's my concern.
                I've seen people who've gotten hold of the inert training versions of the sprays, which contain nothing more than water, and are completely legal.
                or painted up Red-gun style resin replicas.

as for batons, apparently the back end of an old fishing rod can look pretty close.
                Not actually a builder
                Not actually called Bob.

Comment

• You are right the cuffs, baton and cs are technically weapons in the eyes of the law. The cs is a firearm in its own right. I only commented as it was queried about AFOs carrying them. To avoid getting into trouble improvise, adapt or overcome for airsoft loadouts

Comment

Cuffs are legal to own and carry, although using them is a grey area unless you are trained to use them and have sufficient proof that their use is reasonable.

Comment

• If your carrying them your really gonna have to do some explaining to the real old bill. But hey let's not argue about the details of the offensive weapon legislation, lets just enjoy the awesome loadouts

Comment

Rubber glow in the dark POLICE patches arrived. More to come!

King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Just to clear up any thoughts of me owning illegal weapons

The baton is nothing more than some piping with not slip rubber matting glued around the outside.

The CS/PAVA gas is an inert traing one that was never filled with anything but water

Speed cuffs are legal to own (however I have also assed the appropriate course to use them.

X26 taser is just a rubber training gun painted up to look like the real thing.

All in all it is All legal for me to own.

Hope this clears it up

Cheers

Graham
                          First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

• Graham,

Hats off for you for a top loadout. The legality question is always going to pop up with a police loadout. I'm glad people do them though. Keep up the good work all of you guys

Comment

Thanks go to Tacmedic for the X26. I'm trying to source a sticker set for the X26, but until then my amazing painting skills will have to suffice;

I think the X26 really helps set it off... now to find some proper Trousers and a Serpa Glock Mag Pouch, and finally get some team sliders made. Have my old NATO overcoat dyed black that should hit the mark as a Police overcoat, essentially the same thing!
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Liking the x26 much better than mine. Is it cast in completely yellow plastic rather than just painted over ?

Good job mate

Graham
                                First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X