ARU Police loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

I wouldn't trust the "law" on wikipedia and just had a flick through the niton999 catalogue and training batons are not a restricted item. But it may be illegal to carry one in public but why even bring that up, you might as well start saying its illegal to carry a RIF in public (which it is) and I would like most airsofters crasstoe is a responsible person when it comes to transporting your RIFs to and from a field,any way rant over

Comment

An actual baton is an offensive weapon. (falls under 'Any article made for use for causing injury') It is legal to own one, but the moment you remove it from your dwelling, you are committing an offence.

Section 1(1) of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 makes it an offence for: 'any person without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, proof whereof shall lie on him, to have with him in any public place an offensive weapon.'

Comment

Originally posted by 1eye View Post
        I wouldn't trust the "law" on wikipedia and just had a flick through the niton999 catalogue and training batons are not a restricted item. But it may be illegal to carry one in public but why even bring that up, you might as well start saying its illegal to carry a RIF in public (which it is) and I would like most airsofters crasstoe is a responsible person when it comes to transporting your RIFs to and from a field,any way rant over
        I've found some further info. the Wikipedia info is sort of right, it's just a bit over simplified.
        their sale was banned in 2004, by the "Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) Amendment Order 2004"

and so it falls under the 1988 act, even though it was actually changed in '04.

doesn't affect training batons, only the real thing. but niton can be a bit over cautious at times. they still list the "monadock spare cuff" as restricted. which unless I'm much mistaken, is an over-priced heavy-duty cable tie.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Hiya folks - looking at putting some kit together, just after suggestions for:

*Balaclava

*Helmet

*Goggles

*Coverall (looked at the CRW's)

*Combat trousers (maybe some cheaper alternatives for the Derby Unitex stuff)

Comment

• With it not being a baton and only a replica, it is not restricted, end of. Common sense would say treat it the same as a rif, so im not going to be waving it around in public or at all for that matter, it is simply for prop purposes.

Big Guns, for the balaclava I recommend a silk motorcycle one, very nice. Helmet, pasgt. Goggles, bills x800s/1000s. Coverall, any black or blue coverall.
            Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

• Noted mate thankyou will do some browsing

Comment

Hello all,
                I present to you, Matthieu, french. Airsoft player and collector. Sorry for my english

I'm here because I have a great interest for the Armed police unit in Civilian gear.

Here is the beginning of my set-up:

Inspired by these pictures:

Kitlist :
                Baseball cap
                HK53
                Leather holster Gould&Goodrich + Glock17
                Messenger bag black
                Civilian Gear

Do you have any suggestions?
                (because I have lots of questions to ask you about the gear )

Best regards

Matthieu

Comment

Well the first thing I would do is put a smaller flash hider on your MP5, I had the big one on at first but the smaller one looks better.
                  To make it look like a "Police" loadout and not some guy with a gun, maybe get a Police vest to go over the top and have the word Police somewhere on you too.
                  Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

• If you are repliacating the civvie look I would recommend a simple stab vest with police or similar, even a thigh holster will help set it apart (look at Blackhawk serpas and you'll see what I mean).

To be honest there is so much variance with the civvie look you are almost there. Do any forces still use MP5s?
                    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Last time I saw any was at MK and they had MP5's. Logic would dictate that the MP5 was better for inside buildings(where I saw them) and the G36C was good for outside as it has more range and looks more scary.
                      Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

Just found this
                        http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...er-shot-332362
                        They still use MP5's it seems
                        Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

As he is using a HK53 the flash eliminator would be correct. However that leads to the question are any forces using the HK53 anymore ? I was under the impression most forces had moved on to the G36 or LMT's for 5.56mm weapons and the HK53 taken out of service ? Just what I'd heard.
                          First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

On the replica: I made the choice of HK53 because this look it's so old school. Rare and beautiful.

On body armor:
                            Yes, in the photo there is not.
                            I hesitate. I saw pictures of armed officer in civilian with different types of body armor.

Blackhawk strike plate carrier / AEGIS heavy armour / Stab vest with zip etc ...

I think there are many possibilities for equipment.

I have a question. It's very hard to find an armour cover (type AEGIS armour) with system molle?

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Le. View Post
                              Thank you very much for your suggestions.

On the replica: I made the choice of HK53 because this look it's so old school. Rare and beautiful.

On body armor:
                              Yes, in the photo there is not.
                              I hesitate. I saw pictures of armed officer in civilian with different types of body armor.

Blackhawk strike plate carrier / AEGIS heavy armour / Stab vest with zip etc ...

I think there are many possibilities for equipment.

I have a question. It's very hard to find an armour cover (type AEGIS armour) with system molle?

Best regards
                              as I understand it, MOLLE type vests have only really started to come into UK police service in the last couple of years or so, and in limited numbers. So while they have turned up on the surplus market before, it's not common, and likely won't be for a while.
                              Not actually a builder
                              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

• Warrior DCS is being purchased by forces now.
                                Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X