Gorka 4 vs 3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorka 4 vs 3 ???

Hello just wondering is there any difference in Gorka 4 vs 3 ? because i couldn't see any thing but i might be missing some thing .

Re: Gorka 4 vs 3 ???

Ones a jacked and ones a hoodie style ain't they ?

Comment

Yep, 4 is a pullover type.

So the plus is you avoid any heat loss or windchill/draft through the front buttons

The con is you cant unbutton it if you're too hot.

Comment

Thanks for the help one more question any pointers on kit to go with the gorka 3 kit? Looking to do a Russian load out

Comment

Depends what period you want to do.

I use a SPLAV 'tarzan' vest with mine for chechnyan war look. Early 'smerh' webbing works well too but is quite expensive for the 2004 type stuff, later models seem more reasonable.

Forum rules prevent me from giving you any decent help towards sourcing kit im afraid....

Comment

I like the 4 pull over one

Comment

I dunno, i reviewed a site and played a few games this weekend in a gorka 1 and i was very glad i could unbutton it during down time in the safe to get a bit of air circulating as they are *very* warm when you're running around a lot

I know i opted for the '3' for this reason, i actually bought mine for hiking and road trip round iceland this summer and i wanted to be able to adjust it depending on the weather.

Comment

see i was looking to do a new era load out was thinking of doing the green Digital Flora but then spotted gorka 3 and really liked it but roughly looking for a load out like this (photo) any idea where he is from or kit wise ?

1781774_657301774326992_1852776741_o.jpg

Comment

I have some 4 for sale

Comment

You see gorka 3 with a lot of MVD units because for a long time the MVD could equip their troops outside of the regular supply chains and they were allowed to be 'sponsored' by companies like ANA, SPLAV, BARS etc.

Its probably worth googling for pics of the Moscow Theatre Siege and the Beslan School Siege and the 2nd chechen war , you'll see a lot of Gorkas worn with either SPLAV 'pioneer' or 'tarzan' vests and chest rigs or SMERSH webbing and the like.

Altyn helmets too i think, you can now get good repros of these but forum rules means you'll have to find em your self i'm afraid as i cant suggest retailers

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING btw... you will find some pretty harsh pics of casualties doing searches for those topics.

Comment

thank you @gadge europa i found a blog/ report on a operation called The special operation in the village of Shamkhal and it had FSB units and MIA units and most of the FSB units had some sort of Gorka4 or 3 so looking to do a load out on some of them photos thanks every one fore youre help !

Comment

I fieldtested my gorka 3 this weekend. Went hiking up some hills (only about 1000 ft mind), it had started off as a nice day with a few light showers. got to the top of the hill and the heavens opened up for about half an hour before turning into an epic hail storm.

Couldnt feel a thing, stayed dry and warm, my hands were soaked and red and i could feel it on my face but otherwise fine. I also fell over on the way down once or twice as it was so muddy and I have a weak left leg (old wound in my spine that messed the nerves up) but no rips or wear and the mud jut brushed right off.

Awesome bit of kit.

Comment

good point about the Gorka's Gadge - you can use them for 'civvie' wear without looking so conspicuous.

My team have just ordered a set of 4 each for a new loadout
                          (You've been helping with this Gadge!)
                          h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

If you can stretch a little further i would get some SSO gorka as its much better quality than Bars which fade really quickly when washing. Considering the Time of year I would advise getting a more lightweight suit like the Partizan or Sumrak cut suits and buying a gorka suit at the end of the summer/early winter. Both the Sumrak and Partizan suit are fully reversible to deep green patterns to more arid colours for different seasons of the year so you pretty much get two uniforms for the price of one.

SSO partizan cut suit in Spectre (random FSB inspired kit I chucked together)

SSO sumrak suit in Berezka (WIP regional FSB impression, FSB Ingushetia)

Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
                            https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
                              which fade really quickly when washing.
                              Nobody wants a new looking Gorka
                              I think it may even void the warranty (don't quote me on that).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hexd0m Find out more about Hexd0m
                              Working...
                              X