Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

So my TRMR was stolen in game...anyone else had stuff nicked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my TRMR was stolen in game...anyone else had stuff nicked?

So playing one of my usual haunts on Saturday myself and my team where clearing rooms in a CQB area of the game site...these rooms are pitch black and it's a great change to the woodland area of the game site and one of the reasons I return to this place.

Anyway, I threw my TRMR into a room no more than 1 to 2 metres away and then had to wait about another 10 mins before we could enter and clear the rest of the adjoining rooms.

Once this was over and endex was called I then checked for my TRMR and lo and behold it had vanished. Upto 8 of us with high powered torches searched every inch of the room and couldn't find it anywhere.

The way the game worked was after being hit the enemy players had to drop back to the next building which was situated about 100m away and wait until we moved up to capture it so whoever took it had ample time to stash it for pick up at the end of the day or whenever. Player searches turned up nothing.

Sad thing is there was only 20 people playing that day and going back to the safe zone knowing that some one there had my grenade really put a damper on the day.

Apparently not the first time it's happened either.

Just goes to show that you really cant trust anyone

I'll be keeping an eye out for people using Trmr's as mine was a bit different and there's only one place that was selling them that I know of...so if I find you with it...I will knock you out...no threats or anything, I will knock you out.

Anyone else had experiences of thievery whilst playing?

Re: So my TRMR was stolen in game...anyone else had stuff nicked?

Sorry to hear about that; thieves are scum. However, while your anger is understandable, threatening to knock someone out on a public forum is not really the way to go.

Comment

Just giving them the heads up, don't want them to think I never warned them before it happens. Do you think they may come on here and demand I don't knock them out? ������

Comment

I've had the opposite experience so far, with a dropped pistol mag being found and returned to me sharpish.

I have heard a couple of chaps shouting at folk not to touch their pyro, but I've got no reason to doubt that they were intending to return it.

Given the level of trust required in airsoft, it's very disappointing to hear that there are villains out there. You think they'd find something else to do.

Oh... do please bear in mind that anyone found with your TRMR could have bought it in good faith. I'd expect the thief to try and flip it on rather than use it. It's not like we ask for original purchase receipts.

Comment

Sorry to hear your grenade was stolen, that sucks. It doesn’t suck as much a conviction for assault does though.

Comment

He attacked me first officer, it was self defence.

It really saddens me nowadays how we are supposed to just roll over and let shit like this happen, I don't want this thread derailing as such but with the vast understaffing in the police forces around the country at the moment, the lesser crimes just warrant a crime number and a visit from a pso to talk about "What you can do so it doesn't happen again".

So if some scummy "insert worst expletive" wants to steal from me, they will get whats coming to them...not just for myself but for everyone else they might rob in the future...so basically, I'm like the Batman of airsoft.
            Last edited by SlipperySquid; 29 September, 2017, 11:12.

Comment

Please do it

off the field.

Comment

I've lost lots of things.

Lost being where I don't know if I drop them in play or somebody picks them up and stick them in their pockets. Usually magazines, speed loaders and revolver shells.

I've had quite a few things stolen too by this I mean entire bags go missing from the safe/zones.

My pistol bag was stolen recently had a DW in it an M9 and an M93R in it. I just went back to the safe zone to reload and noticed the bag completely gone.

Comment

I've lost stuff to, a majority of which people have found and returned! I've also found items myself that I've handed in and that's the way it should be but getting things stolen is just the lowest! I'm even investing in padlocks now for my kit boxes etc. I know it won't stop determined thieves but it may just make them think twice.

Comment

So if I was to innocently buy a second hand trmr and it happens to be yours, that wouldnt work out very well for us
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Well I'd assume that you'd say you bought it from "insert person" and we could take it from there...I'm not a thug :D but lets not forget I'm the innocent victim here and no one should rise to the defence of thieves! So there would be a natural progression until we come to the point of lights out...I mean I could always down grade the knock out to say, inappropriate fondling of a sexual nature. I mean, some one starts throwing punches your going to go straight to the police...but been pulled into a darkened bush...well you might just want to keep that one to yourself...and hand the grenade back.

Comment

I have to be really honest here. Whilst I understand your anger this really isn't the place for advertising violence. We all have a duty to be good adverts for our sport and younger people both inn general and those that frequent this forum. Your behaviour is irresponsible to say the least and anybody can sit back and be a faceless keyboard warrior. It is quite the difference between saying it and doing it!
                        To tell you the truth you are coming across as a complete idiot! Calm down, get over it and consider how ridiculous it is to make threats openly on a forum.

Comment

To be fair, you're the one coming across as angry, I wouldn't let my little outburst bother you in the least.

I can assure you I'm not and never will be a "Keyboard Warrior" and people are taking umbrage more to the threat of violence then a thief going about his daily chores.

Anyway idiot or not that's my stance on thieves and I'm sorry it may of hurt your feelings.

We play a sport that glorifies war and inflicts pain on others yet you worry about the children?

As is the way of the internet this thread will deteriorate into a slagging match of name calling and sabre rattling to the highest degree no doubt but I will not be privy to your little games sir, as I'm sure if you where to be the victim of a masked bandito you would help them carry your stuff to their car so as not to hurt their backs and bring a lawsuit crashing down upon your head.

Yours lovingly

Airsoft Batman.

p.s. My parents are dead so I'm halfway to batman.

Comment

Yeah anyway I remember I was at another site playing an evening game, there were only about 20 players, someone had rolled a grenade in my direction and then disappeared, the corridor is dark with gaps along the edges where a bfg can roll into, the game ended and everyone went back to the safe zone, I was on my own as I was searching for my bfg and I found this other players, so I put it up on this ledge by the entrance of the corridor which had some light, so when he came looking for it he would see it straight away. I went back to the safe zone and told him where his grenade was, he went to get but came back empty handed, someone had taken it.
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It blows my mind that people would do it so openly? I suppose we all have different moral values but christ on a bike, actually seeing some one searching for their stuff knowing you've got it? It must give them some kind of buzz?
                              Seems nades are an easy target.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SlipperySquid Find out more about SlipperySquid
                              Working...
                              X