Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K K5 Mod1 - The "Its not a real Vector" Vector

Hello guys and gals.

This is just a quick overview of my K5 which i have owned since they first got released.

Now i know they aren't proper Vectors but for the sake of this post im calling it one!

This is its current configuration.
    Nothing special, i added a 3" outer barrel extension (not the suppressor) and then glued an empty suppressor to the end as the original is very heavy.

With my build i have attempted to reduce the weight as much as possible and so far i have saved 1kg.

All of those parts are made of metal and add 1kg to total weight. Now that i removed them I unfortunately dont have 2rnd burst (because the recoil buffer part is gone) and the total RIF Weight is around 3kg.

The gearbox was easy to remove by just taking every screw put and everything comes apart easily, the only internal i have changed is the spring since mine came with an M90 and i put a M105 inside it instead.
    I would change the motor but ive had bad luck in my other RIFs with motors so im waiting until it dies before i change it.

The inner barrel and hop up i have changed for a Madbull 200mm 6.03 with a Prommy purple bucking. Its putting 0.25g BBs out to around 60-70m without much issue although it could be increased with flat hopping etc. Because i took the heavy metal part out i had to make something to gold the barrel stable and an old cylinder with some bandages worked very well. Also the hop unit fell apart and i lost some pieces so i did a TDC mod to make it work.

Overall it is a very nice RIF that probably doesnt need upgrades from the box but i like to tinker. I love using it but before i removed all the heavy parts it was too much to be running around with all day in a forest.
    Magazines are a problem as when wound up they dont feed many BBs before they need winding again, im designing some 3D printed mags to hopefully use but thats still in development.

Hope you read it all and yes, Krytacs proper vector will not doubt be better but for a poor mans vector it isnt all that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: A&K K5 Mod1 - The "Its not a real Vector" Vector

They look good enough to me.
    Good job on saving a kg. The 2 round burst is something that makes them as fun as they are tho, id hate to lose that on my kwc.
    Not a fan of the angled grip on vectors...
    How are you solving your mag issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasont21 View Post
      They look good enough to me.
      Good job on saving a kg. The 2 round burst is something that makes them as fun as they are tho, id hate to lose that on my kwc.
      Not a fan of the angled grip on vectors...
      How are you solving your mag issue?
      Thanks

I can fix the 2rnd burst by adding the recoilly part back in but that adds 350g extra weight.

For the current high caps i took the base plate off so that i have a longer roll with my finger across the dial.

But im working on 3D printing mags but they are very early prototypes right now

Comment

any word on the mags? the real ones are shite

Comment

Did you ever make the 3d printed mags?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AstrosKnight Find out more about AstrosKnight
          Working...
          X