Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Haw San (HS) 8mm double barrel sawn off (mad max)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haw San (HS) 8mm double barrel sawn off (mad max)

I Haven't seen many decent reviews on this so I might thought I'd attempt my first review on this Gun

The Haw San Toys Mad Max 8mm double barrelled sawn off.

The box it arrives in is nothing to write home about just a double walled cardboard box with a picture and the name of the gun on, inside is just a thin vacuum formed piece of plastic that holds the gun, 2 shells and sample bbs, theres also a space for 2 extra shells if you ordered them.

Its a weighty gun, which it should be for being all metal and wood, I don't think there's a shred of plastic on this gun, But I had intended this as a fun backup and wanted to use single handed, it can be done but not for a long time.

To load the shells themselves is pretty straight forward, you break the gold bit off and fill it up with gas through a valve in the top and you load the bbs in the top of the blue bit, then snap them back together. The 8mm shells can hold anywhere from 1 - 5 bbs where as I believe the 6mm version can hold up 7, the fewer bbs you put in, the more power you'll get.

The shells themselves are an ok price I think if you have a disposable income, coming in at £11+ postage per shell, I'll be buying 2 shells per week I think till I have enough that I can last a Urban game with out having to reload each shell.

It functions pretty much as a real shotgun would which is very nice, to load the shells into the gun you flip the break lever across to the right and the barrels flip down (on a real shotgun the lever arm is sprung which it isn't on the gun I have) put a shell in each barrel, flip them up and push the lever arm back to the left to lock the barrels and shells in place, at first closing the barrels is quite hard but eases up with use, it has two triggers one for each barrel and with a slight finger alignment can be pulled at the same time and once fired you break open the gun again, the shells do not eject thankfully but do pop out on a guide and it should be relatively easy to reload with gloves on. The safety is located behind the lever you simply slide it up to engage the safety and slide down to dis engage it.

I've not skirmished with this yet but intend it as a fun backup so i cant really say how skirmishable this gun is, I have however fired all the sample bbs and even got the fiancée to shoot me with a shell loaded with 5 bbs (which I think she enjoyed far to much for my liking) so i can get a rough estimate of an effective range, power and spread, at around 30 yards she hit me with 3 of the 5 bbs, 1 hitting my left shoulder and 1 in each love handle the other 2 flew off 1 either side of me and it STUNG, so its going to be a pretty fun, (read challenging) gun to use, I don't know the fps its firing at and don't really know how i can effectively chrono it but I definitely dont envy any one getting hit on bare skin or the face as ill be using it in close combat.

The only problem I've read about seem to be that the o-rings deteriorate quickly but the shells are easy to break down and the spare o-rings can be found easily

I've also found that there aren't that many sawn off holsters which is rather annoying and I'm not really going to buy a mad max replica one for £50+ so I've made a normal holster fit the shotgun by just slicing down the stitching in the middle, it works pretty damn well with a fast draw and holds the gun pretty snug but its not going to win any beauty contests.

I'll put up an after action report after I've used it at the next GZ woodland which by then I should have 8 shells.

Thanks for reading and hope the review was ok
    Last edited by Operator_Jester; 27 November, 2011, 17:09. Reason: adding additional info

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Re: Haw San (HS) 8mm double barrel sawn off (mad max)

good review, look forward to the action report
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hey I just saw this post.

@Operator_Jester, I don't know if you're stil lskirmishing the weapon? I've been using this same gun for about 3 months as a secondary (1911 as primary in CQB).

I don't know if you had the same issue, but for me the gun was great, but the shells all blew really fast.

I've been playing around with getting the gun to run on MadBull shells, and finally got around to modding it the other month. It's super simple and has changed my game experience with the shotgun. The MadBull shells fire just as many BBs, but they're much better made and make a more awesome "crack" sound, as opposed to a "PSSSHHH".

I've stuck up a video of the process on youtube:

Hope it helps out

Comment

Lol i literally found the thread you made Yesterday (shows you how much I go on the forums) to these as i wanted to skirmish the shotgun again but the shells are all kaput now to put it politely. ill deffo be looking in to some of these shells if i can find them a lil bit cheaper.

Do you have a holster for the shotgun at all? As I'm finding mine sits low and the barrels go in the dirt when I kneel Cheers.

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Have you thought about putting the holster you've made on a strap on your back, has anyone cronod the gun with the madbull shells? If they're just as good it might be possible to mod the back of the chamber slightly to make a better fit. I wonder which would be better mod for madbull or mod to the existing shells to make them more reliable

Comment

I'm interested in getting one of these guns but am wondering where to get the shells from? The only websites I can find them on are in Hong Kong! Where do you guys get yours from?

Cheers, Si

Comment

the shells that go with the gun you can get in the U.K but not allowed to link you due to forum rules and as the video says they're pretty much poo tho the madbull SS6 shells i cant find in the U.K so ordered some from abroad and still waiting

Comment

i need one of these, where do i get one????

Comment

Can't tell you but google is most definitely your friend.... ill be putting up my new "mod" for the shells when I have a day off in the other thread

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Operator_Jester Find out more about Operator_Jester
                  Working...
                  X