Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOLT BR-47 Ris Wobble & LiPo Questions

Hi all!

I recently purchased two new guns from a second hand dealer (G&G SR-XL & BOLT BR-47). All is good with them (just need some tlc), however, I have a bit of wobble on the front ris rail of the BR-47. Since its a hybrid of an AR and AK platform it isnt as simple as just readjusting some of the parts on an M4 RIS system. Is there anyway anyone could help me please?

Also, since I purchased these two new rifles they both need LiPo's. I'm being really skepticle about them and have read the pro's and con's. Could anyone clarify for me if they are safe and what would need to be done in order to keep them stored and ready to be used. I've done a bit of reading up about them but I am looking for more help first hand rather than reading it off of someone else's forum post.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sparrow-; 27 September, 2017, 16:13.

Re: BOLT BR-47 Ris Wobble & LiPo Questions

I am slightly baffled by your comments about the Bolt RIS; apart from the magwell, it is just an AR and the RIS fits as on any other AR.

Regarding LiPos, they are as safe as any other batteries if looked after properly. Charge them using a decent charger (Imax B6 or Accucel 6), don't let them run down to below a safe voltage and take them to storage voltage if they are going to be stored for any length of time. Store them in their box. If they get puffy, dispose of them safely.

Comment

Dont worry about the RIS Rail! Got that all sorted thank you!

As for the LiPo's, good to hear. I guess when I buy them I'll get everything to go with it. The protective charging case and voltage reader and such.

Thank you!

Comment

The voltage reader is not really necessary; you can hear when the voltage is dropping to somewhere near the lower limit.

As for the charging bag, I wonder how many people actually use them.

Comment

I'll keep that in mind as well Knowing me I'll probably still end up buying the stuff just to find out I dont actually need it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sparrow- Find out more about Sparrow-
          Working...
          X