This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A technical guide thread: VERY picture heavy

adding to that: make a small hook so you can pull the a/r latch back and take tension of the spring & gears
    Student Of Master Fong

Comment

Would you be able to give dimensions for the screwdrivers or links to the sites? I found the Magnusson set you have in the picture but it's sold out and any help would be good one that.

Cheers
      George

Comment

dont suppouse you can do one on how the fire selector works... :D
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
          Would you be able to give dimensions for the screwdrivers or links to the sites? I found the Magnusson set you have in the picture but it's sold out and any help would be good one that.

Cheers
          George
          I just bought mine from B&Q, you want a few different dimensions as different makes use different screws on their gearboxes.

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
          dont suppouse you can do one on how the fire selector works... :D

If you want, but won't be able to do one from a while unless someone sends me a gearbox.
          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Cheers for this. You have enabled me to fiddle with gearboxes! And anyone from XSite Airsoft will tell you how retarded I am at fixing things…

One thing to ask though, What causes the 'twang' you get sometimes? This V2 I put together, and another put together by a much more capable techie, both have a twang noise after each shot

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
              Cheers for this. You have enabled me to fiddle with gearboxes! And anyone from XSite Airsoft will tell you how retarded I am at fixing things…

One thing to ask though, What causes the 'twang' you get sometimes? This V2 I put together, and another put together by a much more capable techie, both have a twang noise after each shot
              I recently put a new spring in my Diablo, the previous spring shot at 370fps so downgraded it to a M90 spring.
              When I shoot it also has a 'twang' noise and it sounds like maybe the spring has been clipped but it just sounds like the spring needs a bit of lubing and wearing in.

Comment

was it mentioned that when you have a spring which has tighter coils on one end, this end needs to go in the gearbox towards the spring guide, and not inside the piston
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

HiHi, absolute noob here (well, not absolute noob, I've taken my JG/G&G combo second hand m4 apart once to replace all the wires as they were a mess, also I routed the battery wires to the stock. I reassembled the gearbox in exactly the same fashion as it came apart, however the sector gear cam is not touching the tappet plate, it is more at a 3oclock position. Is this bad? or is this acceptable?

Edit- it's probably worth mentioning I am mechanically minded/an engineer-to-be-in-15-months and so my only worry about the reassembly of the box is that one part - i'm pretty confident I greased and aligned everything else correctly
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Very handy guide, thanks!

I'm itching to get a spare V2 gearbox so I can have a play or taking it apart, cleaning it and putting it back together successfully!

Comment

How different are v2 and v3 gearboxes? (I've got a cheap mp5k with a v3 in it that I'd be fine to tinker with but I'm not confident enough to pull apart the gearbox in my m4)

G&G GR16, TM Desert Warrior, KJW G32c

Comment

Though very similar, V3s run the wiring on the outside and use a type of slide on plate to secure the top of the gearbox rather than screws.
                        Upcoming Games:
                        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I feel confident to tinker now!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                          Working...
                          X