Kydex holster making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kydex holster making

Ooh yeh and try to heat the kydex up from a cold oven! It tends to burn before you know it if you put it in a pre heated one.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thank you some very good advise mate. So don't put the kydex and the apple pie in together? I was only going to make plaster cast as fibreglass is messy!

Comment

You've no need to make a mould of the gun. Ive only ever had 1 hi-capa grip distort ever so slightly, was my fault too, ALWAYS put a mag in the grip before pressing! Lol
        Yeah i think the apple pie would be a bit tough lol.
        If theres anything else i can help with just ask. Ive got 3 to do today! And finish some mag pouches off too.

Comment

hi guys im looking to have a kydex holster and mag carrier for a tm foliage warrior with molle. i have messaged mark and due to work he cant make one for me but he did say someone on here could possible help me out. if anyone can pm me and i can go in to more detail as to what im after.

Comment

Time for me to take a crack at this - i've got 6 Dan Wesson speed loaders and the only pouch I've got that is of any use is a 40mm triple pouch that is far too large.

The aim is to produce 2 triple speedloader holders that are molle mountable, taking up four rows of molle. Molle mounting will probably be achieved by drilling very small holes in the kydex and using those to stitch webbing to, or by forming a sheet of kydex so that it can hook through two rows of molle.

Where is a good place to get the foam from?
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Dave, a good 'starter' foam is camping sleep mats. Just make sure the kydex is fully cold before removing it.
              Have a look at the R.U.M.P molle system on hennie haynes site or just google it. Very secure and you can mount all your speed loader pouches onto one. About £12/15 posted. Get on ebay and buy some steel eyelets (6mm) and a roll over tool, it'll all cost about £20. You'll get around 100 eyelets so plenty to go at.BUT i could only find them long enough to go through kydex up to 3.5mm so i used a 2mm back panel and 1.5mm front.

Comment

Good to know, cheers rubi! :D
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Long shot but is this being made, as would love one for my TM Glock17 with tac light��

Comment

Ive made a few holsters for friends. Heres an example ^^^
                    Im considering starting doing some for you fine gentleman on here if anyone is interested.

Comment

cant wait to have it arrive many thanks Sgt bulletproof

Comment

I have made a page on facebook and am going to start making some holsters/mag pouches or whatever else you want!

www.facebook.com/thekydexman

If anyone wants something done then message me on here or on the page on fb.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm going to be giving this a go in the next few days and I've got a couple of questions.

Firstly, I've bought an EVA foam camping mat for my press that is only a few millimeters thick. How many layers should I put on each board of my press?

Secondly, when making a light bearing holster, what's the best/easiest way to stop the kydex blocking the light in the holster when it's being pressed?

Any advice would be really appreciated
                          TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                          TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

• Kydex holster making

Looking for a Kydex holster for a glock 17 with a streamlight TLR-1light fitted. Must leave enough room for my RMR sight too. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

F&O

Comment

Just had my first go this evening. Was only a test run with one piece but I'm chuffed with the definition!image.jpg
                              TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //

Comment

image.jpg

And the finished product! For my first attempt, I'm super happy with it

Anyone know the best way to make it drop leg?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
                                Working...
                                X