Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

BOPE loadout, help needed (picture heavy).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOPE loadout, help needed (picture heavy).

Firstly, yes I know BOPE are Brazilian and that's not in the USA. But there's no place for this, and as Brasil is in South America, it's the closest I could get

I've got a genuine BOPE beret badge on the way from Brasil. I've already got the shoulder flashes (both half moon and full colour round unit badge). A black beret from the bay will do as I don't want to spend nearly £50 to import a genuine one.

I've got a pair of ex-MOD plod black ripstop combats and ex-issue black hi-legs.

I was worrying that the HK police vest I bought on a whim was nothing like they wear, but the guy on the left of the first picture is wearing something very similar, so I'm going to stick with that for now.

I don't like gear on my legs, so I'll be running a belt mounted sidearm and relying on the pouches on the vest for storage. That seems OK as they are seen wearing a wide variety of kit, some with belt mounted pouches and some with drop-legs.

All good so far, but I run into problems where the top half of my clothes will be concerned. A shop local to me is quoting to embroider a couple of T shirts with the correct logos, but I suspect that's going to be very expensive (unless there's a few people who also want one and I can spread the setup costs:D). The shirt/jacket is where I get into difficulty.

I could import a genuine one, but this will be over £100 by the time all the costs are taken into account. They seem to wear a mix of lightweight field jackets, ripstop shirts or plain uniform shirts, all obviously in black, with unit T shirts underneath.

Can anyone suggest a solution for me? Everything I look at is either expensive (black US field jackets etc), or needs to be dyed and are made of a material I won't be able to dye properly. I could go down the road of a bog standard Royal Navy work shirt and dye it black, but how do you think that would look?

Some reference pictures:

sigpic

Re: BOPE loadout, help needed (picture heavy).

The Navy shirt idea would probably work, it'd be under a vest anyway so you'd only really see the sleeves.

Also if you're intrested, "Chris Ryans Elite Police" features an episode where he meets BOPE, uses their range, and goes out on patrol with them.

Comment

That was a great episode of the Chris Ryan thing

You could get either a Tru-Spec black BDU top, or the Helikon Special Forces Combat Jacket looks the part - they're only around £25!

Or maybe a black UBACS type shirt? If it's under a vest you won't notice it too much

Comment

The Chris Ryan episode was good, but Elite Squad is so much better. Especially when you consider that it's based on real events. The book manages to blow the film away, which is really saying something!

I thought about a UBACS, but want it as close to the real thing as possible. That Helikon looks perfect and at about 25 euros plus post it's not over budget. As a bonus, because of the velcro, I can wear it away from games as a casual jacket.

Thanks for the suggestion.
        sigpic

Comment

Elite Squad is a brilliant film and this will make a great loudout
          Signature Removed

Comment

That sniper with the peaked boonie is an automatic bad ass..for that peaked boonie.

PM sent robin as well

The helikon jacket i was about to post is as you said closest youll get trousers wise you can get away with any material black bdu trousers from your local surplus.

Comment

I'm OK for trousers as the MOD plod ones I've got are just right.

OK, now to find somewhere with the Helikon in my size that doesn't need a small mortgage!
              sigpic

Comment

First stage done as an experiment. While I wait for the final price on some printed and embroidered t shirts I decided to pick up a cheap tesco one and a pack of transfer film.

The result isn't quite as good as I was hoping for on the back (as the film stuck a bit when removing the protective covering), but not bad I thought for a quick and cheap fix:

sigpic

Comment

hi buddy, i no this is a necro post but i am currently doing this setup, all i need is a vest, what one did you settle for?
                  Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                  Working...
                  X