A&K SVD vs TM L96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K SVD vs TM L96

Hello, looking into getting a spring rifle as a change of role. The SVD had the advantage that it is already shooting 450 and takes AEG parts (barrel, hop, spring) and it's not exactly expensive.
    OR
    The TM L96 which comes out of the box doing 280-300 (I know FPS isn't everything) but needs the (expensive) necessary upgrades to get it competeing with other sniper rifles on the field. Its also a more expensive start up price and more expensive upgrades but with potentially better results.

I understand the SVD is Chinese made which could result in getting a lemon etc... And in the long run the L96 would turn out better

Which would you recommend ?

Cheers :D

Re: A&K SVD vs TM L96

You could get a Warrior L96 for around £170 new which includes scope, bipod, mag, sling and shoots at around 470fps straight out the box. I've tried the TM version and there is no difference to me. Great range and power for a fraction of the price. I've left mine all stock and works a treat if you set everything up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan Raven View Post
      You could get a Warrior L96 for around £170 new which includes scope, bipod, mag, sling and shoots at around 470fps straight out the box. I've tried the TM version and there is no difference to me. Great range and power for a fraction of the price. I've left mine all stock and works a treat if you set everything up properly.
      I did have one but found it's a bit hit and miss ( pardon the pun ) with Chinese guns

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

A&K Vs TM? no competition TM alll the way

if you want a SVD that works and is decent youll have to spend the cash on a real sword or possibly classic army???

but i had a SVD and was nothing meh for me.

Comment

I would disagree on this case, usally i would say TM however I happen to have picked up an A&k svd abit ago and its awsome to the point i havnt needed to upgrade it yet partly as the fps and range are perfect for my local site and stands out abit as well compaired to other rifles
            G&p XM117
            Jls Scar
            Agm m14
            A&k svd
            CA Mp5
            Originally posted by fallout3021
            nothing that works should have jls in its name lol

Comment

I would say niether , the tm has issues with feeding and upgrade parts are expensive and why blow another £400 on a rifle to get it to 450 fps

The svd is cheap plasticy ,has loads of issues with feeding ,the hop is poor , the inner barrel and hop assembley moves without warning meaning inconsistant shot on shot

If your serious but a vsr /bar 10 ,best hop going ,easy to get to 400 fps and at that it will range most rifles out there with .28 bbs

Or buy a warrier l96 ,add a few internals and your good to go

Comment

A&K SVD.

Had this conversation at my site on saturday evening... This guy had a fully PDI upgraded TM L96. He said it's pathetic as stock, and they're well known to break their feeding tubes (which causes the bolt to jam occasionally). He uses 0.4g BBs.

He then fired my slightly upgraded A&K Dragunov, first of all it looks great with wood and russian scope. So it has more character. Then it only has: Madbull Black Python 650mm 6.03 TB barrel and a Guarder 70 hardness hop rubber.
                That's it. I run it on 0.25g and 0.3g BBs.
                He was hitting the same target at about 50m away with lighter ammo than the L96 with roughly the same degree of accuracy, which has had over £300 spent on upgrades alone.

I have spent less than £50 (easily) internally. externals, wood and scope, cost me £130 with shipping from HK. About the same price as a laylax zero trigger?

The only downside is the A&K's have notoriously wobbly barrels. But, the take down is simple, and requires the tightening of two alan screws at the barrel's base.

Dragunov. FTW.
                sigpic

Comment

I would go with the TM.

I've got a A & K SVD and it is a lemon.

I haven't crono'd it yet but as for the range and accuracy it ain't that good.
                  In fact my old JG Aug is much better at both compared to the SVD.

It's in my thing I'm gonna mod pile at the mo when I have time to try and figure out how to change the barrel as it doesn't seem as easy as an aeg one.

If you get one though you might want to look inside the piston as mine was full of metal shavings.

Look's great with the wood kit.

Comment

Easy. Do you like the l96 or the dragunov? Thats your answer

Christo
                    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I like both tbh but with the SVD I could get a lemon but the l96 is more expensive to upgrade but which would be better in the long run?

Comment

I've just been shown how to take apart the svd by grounded pilot (thanx)

It's not that hard now I know what I'm doing so with a few mods like tight bore and new rubber it might be quite good.

The best mod I think I can make though it still taking all the metal shavings out of the cylinder and as I've just found my hop unit and barrel.
                        And also tightening all the screws.

Still looks the mint with a wood kit.

Comment

I have both rifles, and i personally prefer the tm L96. If you have the money go for it. Its around £260 at stock but one must bear in mind that an upgrade is necessary if you want to compete with other snipers in the field. I think it really depends on your budget and which look you really prefer. Its also necessary to bear in mind that you could recieve a "Lemon" if you buy the chinese manufactured SVD.

Hope this helps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Plester123 Find out more about Plester123
                          Working...
                          X