Tanaka m700 With PCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka m700 With PCS

Hello, anyone had any experience with this rifle with groupings, range, build quality ?

thanks a lot

Re: Tanaka m700 With PCS

Read what you can out of this older review /install guide i did matey
    Ok thought id share a little bit of insite into the Tanaka works M700 range with you guys

For those of you who dont know Tanaka works bolt action rifles are gas powered from Japan ,and are almost identical aprt from the stocks

Ie , Remmington M700 stock (police and Light Tactical Stock 20 inch barrel) , Accuracy int chasis system and M40 stock and M24 stock

All the above are almost the same internally ,with the never versions coming with what is known as the Power Control System that allows the adjustment of the gas flow (my AICS produced 310 on 134a pcs closed 470 open and on green 430 closed and the highest i ever recorded was over 750 on green again 25 oC )

Attached Image: S6002361_1.jpg

The original M700 police had a fixed power bolt . My first M700 produced 670 fps on green at 25oC ,and some of the later M700s And AICS s have a pre ban bolt for lower power because of fps laws in Japan (around 400 fps on green gas )

The M700 range as a workable bolt and unlike spring rifles is far more easier to cock and load the next bb ,when pulling the trigger the hammer hits the valve on the mag and the gas is expelled down the barrel with a dull thud sound and a nice puff of gas at the end of the barrel

The stock M700 hop setup is well, crap to say the least a hole cut in the top of the inner barrel (6.08) and a rubber bucking (ring bucking ) over the top of the hole which is pressed down to produce hop poorly

After market kits and barrels are avalible , from fire fly ,Km for the inner barrels (6.03- .04 ) and g+g rubbers which tbh help a little ,

I have just taken the plunge and bought another Tanaka rifle the M700 LTR fitted with the 6.03 inner and g+p rubbers ,and after some testing yesterday ,The rifle is solid wood and metal , well ballenced with gas mags holding 29 rounds each
    Heres the results

Ok , tested the firefly M700 inner barrel yesterday with g+g rubbers , spent a few hours at work messing and out of well over 300 rounds i had 6 rounds fly true and far to around 100.110 metres ,i hit the same tree at 80 metres 3 times in a row with .43s other than that i was reminded why the stock tanaka hop is rubbish , bbs going every where

I also cronoed the M700 ltr with green at 5 oC with the pcs open %75

FPS for first 10 shots
    597,579 ,581,563,548,561,545,547,529,572, so perhaps the pcs would do with being closed a little

Now there is a nice new hop unit on the market from Kings arms called the pax kit that changes the vsr hop for a vsr set up ( and the vsr set up is one of the best hop units around ) It allows the use of your choice of inner barrel from the vsr range to 6,01 and hop rubber ,and reviews have been all singing and dancing

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...7/09/____1.jpg
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...7/09/____2.jpg
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...7/09/____3.jpg
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...7/09/____4.jpg

Vid of Bushmans m40 and M700 ltr with the px hop in the tanaka rifles (now bare in mind the wind and the fact the hop was dailed off because of the wind + a 20 degree cant to compensate

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=5iFVqtPRAts

Words of advice , if you want a bolt action rifle that fires straight and true almost every time DONT buy a Tanaka buy a L96 or Vsr but excpect a to pay a fair old bit to get them to 500 fps ,and suffer from the plasticy toy like feel of the rifle

If you want a hi powered bolt action buy a tanaka they feel so much better than anything else out there ,ok they dont work well out of the box but with the new hop set up there vsr beaters

I have all the parts coming in a few days to install the new hop setup and will do a review of groupings and fps with bb weights when its all been set up

enjoy

part 2
    Right . thanks to ehobby asia , my kings arms vsr kit turned up today just 2 days after ordering it ... f**king top service

The kit its self took only 30 mins to sort out and fit and aready looking down the barrel the v shaped hop bucking is clear to see , and the adjustments on the tanaka are 1000 times better you can see every click adding a fraction more hop

Now the only problem with the M700 LTR is the inner barrel is to long for the standard end cap and the M700 silencer adapter is a fraction to wide to fit the outer barrel to , off to work tomorrow to spend 5 mins on the laith to mill 1-2mm of the adaptor

The vsr bucking is air tight and after every shot there is a nice little puff of gas from the inner barrel ,and covering the barrel with the silcencer i plan to use there is hardly and muzzle report and i would go as far to say a lot quieter than a socom just the hammer hitting the gas valvle on the mag

I will do a fps test and range accuracy test tomorrow or friday after ive milled the adaptor down

Happy hunting

Ok back from 1st round of testing

Rifle set up in a warehouse on a bench with a4 sheet 48 metres down range ,now i wasnt expecting much with a new hop rubber ,and the fact that it was around 3oC in the warehouse but heres my take on things

Firstly setup with 90 rounds of blaster .25s and green , after setting the hop to a decent level ,i found fliers and a inconsistancy in the power but the cool down in the mags was hi, due to temp in w-house

Followed this up with around 100 rounds of gaurder .28s (not the best bbs granted but i wasnt going to start wasting heavier just yet , range and accuracy seemed to improve with more rounds down range

Digicon .3s next and around 50 or so with a little more hop i managed to get a lot better ,flatter flight down range and a few hitting the a4 paper and other just missing

Now running out of green gas rapidly (i didnt have that much to start with ) i changed to digicon straight .36s

Hop re adjusted and bingo hit at 48 metres ,followed by another and another now i put around 50 or so .36s down range and most of hit the target with the odd flier and a few near misses ,

Now before i packed up i decided to bang a few digicon .43s down range all hitting the target ,as i suspected from my first encounter with tanaka rifles over 3 years ago they do like the heavier stuff, BUT the vast improvement on the PAX hop unit was clear to see with the standrd hop i could have put 1000 rounds down and not hit anything it was that bad

Now given the temp (3 oC ) im sure the consistancy and accuracy will only get better when it warms up ,its not on a parr with my l96 at the momment BUT given a little bit more fiddling with and warmer temps i think were on to a winner

And besides it feels and looks so much nice and now sore wrist from that 170 spring again ..images soon

Long and short unless you use a pax vsr kit in a tanaka DONT BOTHER THERE CRAP the hop is just god aweful but with this kit you can put holes in the moon with the fps and range the hop gives this rifle

Comment

very good review there mate. Mind telling me how much the pax vsr kit was ?

Comment

Depends where you get it from the full cost for the six I've done ranges from 120-165 depending on inner barrels used and import duties

Comment

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
          Words of advice , if you want a bolt action rifle that fires straight and true almost every time DONT buy a Tanaka buy a L96 or Vsr but excpect a to pay a fair old bit to get them to 500 fps ,and suffer from the plasticy toy like feel of the rifle

If you want a hi powered bolt action buy a tanaka they feel so much better than anything else out there ,ok they dont work well out of the box but with the new hop set up there vsr beaters
          This is what you should hold!!
          I have a Tanaka M700 AICS with PCS and I can tell you it's very powerful but has fluctuations of power between the shot thus is inaccurate.
          The most critical for accuracy IMO is the above second is the design of the hop up itself. Tanaka has a very advanced V shape hop up but it's not so strong if you're using green gas or propane that's why you MUST buy almost immediately the KA VSR conversion kit which it uses the TM VSR design hop up, the simplest yet stronger and sturdier design. But you need a VSR cut barrel, I personally choose the PDI 6.01 554mm barrel. With this the accuracy is greatly improved. But still it's not a good sniping platform. It 's easy to operate it but it's very inconsistent and when you have a rifle that the first shot is at 640fps and the second 580fps is a big fluctuation and the second bb won't travel the distance the same way.
          I've seen VSR with 2-3 fps fluctuation and SUPER accurate and I'm considering one of these as my next sniper platform.
          The Tanaka's have been greatly advertised and that's why are so famous.
          I've talked to several Tanaka owner and all told me the same.
          I'm from Greece and here we usually have good warm weather and the gas rifles are performing well and still the Tanaka performance is disappointing.
          And another disadvantage of the Tanaka is the lack of spare parts or even upgrade part and if you find them are very expensive.

I'd recommend buy a TM VSR (any version), you can find spare and upgrade parts everywhere or if you want L96 look a Maruzen APS2 or if you wand a M24 get a Classic Army M24 (it uses Maruzen APS2 internals).

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Plester123 Find out more about Plester123
          Working...
          X