Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenades - bb, percussion, any.

Hi,

New to airsoft, but like greandes/claymores - seems like I am joining at the right time to buy, sell, enjoy airsoft.

Few questions on grenades though:

1. Are they accepted on most sites?
    2. Do sites provide own, what are prices like?
    3. In the varying types of grenade - smoke, bb, percussion - what are effects?
    4. Anyone ever been hurt?
    5. Best way to throw one / use one?
    6. Am i boring you yet?

Intel

Re: Grenades - bb, percussion, any.

1. Are they accepted on most sites?

Most sites allow pyro. Obviously check with your own. Smokes inside buildings or tunnels, not usually allowed. GZ don't allow pyro because their ground is flamable or something!

2. Do sites provide own, what are prices like?

Most do, as a sideline. Expect to pay around £3 for a pea grenade, and around £2.50 for a smoke or a banger.

3. In the varying types of grenade - smoke, bb, percussion - what are effects?

Smoke: Little obvious?! Provides a little cover. Generally not great if there is any kind of wind. Inside or near a fort, can get the buggers out.

Pea Grenade: BANG, and peas/bb's go everywhere. Most sites play a distance rule, rather than having to be hit by the shrapnel. Mine is 5 meter around the explosion.

Thunder Flash: Loud bang. Probably gets mistaken for a grenade most time. Good for distraction, or generally making the enemy need to change trousers!

4. Anyone ever been hurt?

All the time! The most common thing will be to strike the fuse, then clumsily stick a finger onto the hot burning fuse. As for explosion, unless it's in your hand or by your face. No lasting damage!

5. Best way to throw one / use one?

Anyway you like. But have a good look around. Any kind of distance is really impossible. Especially in woodland where it will hit the first branch it can find, and come back at you!

6. Am i boring you yet?

Ofcourse :p

Anyway, in general they are good fun. Who does not want to throw a 'nade?! But the cost is quite big. £3 a throw, soon adds up! Plus I'd say 2/5 grenades never reach their intended target. Those that do, have long enough a fuse for everyone to get out the way. So 1/5 I'd say is a winner!

So really, expensive kicks for woodland. In urban, much more effective.

Comment

I think Jagillham has everything covered really but just to add, as far as I'm aware sites won't let anyone under 18 use pyros.

Obviously doesn't matter if your over 18 but I was quite disappointed when I found that out

Comment

Good coverage J. All i needed to know- sewn into a neat pocket sized wedge,... yummy.

I invested in 2 percussion / thunder flashes just to experiment at local site. I shall get back to this for summary next sunday after they have been thrown.

Comment

I would always check at your local site before buying any kind of pyros as apart from smoke the rules generally change from place to place.

Single bang thermo barics are my favourite tho. A nice deep thud instead of a firework type explosion and a big plume of smoke.

My feed back
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Oh, another quick point for pyro. Especially the pea nades, they don't have a great lifetime on them. On a couple of occasions I've had failed 'nades which I've taken out a few times and not used.

Don't know if it moisure or something from sweating, rain or the ground. Just more than 3/4 times out, and mine died. Smokes are much better made, and last longer.

In all, smoke are probably the most effective weapon in pryo for woodland. One 30 sec smoke in or right near a fort being defended means they all can't see anything. Plus the seem to have a longer life on them.

Comment

Excellent and are smokes expensive?

I had a friend ask me if "RPG's being made for airsoft?", i said i'd ask.

Comment

Not too bad. You can get them online for cheaper than at sites. Zero1 don't post, but a scottish company do.

RPG...ooo yes. About 350 new. Comes from hong kong.

Comment

You can also buy "Blank Firing Grenades" (also known as BFG's). These can be bought from Z1 for around £70 (Dynatech). They fire a 9mm blank (can also take a 12 guage) and are re-usable. Useful for room clearance but are quite heavy so only ever "roll" them. The blanks are cheap to buy & Z1 do post these.

I've just bought one and they're a lot of fun. The only down sides are?:
                  You have to find them after use (some paint them yellow)
                  You can't throw them

It's cut down on my expenses a lot as I only buy BB's and Smoke now.

For the benefit of a review, please not that once you pull the pin, the lever needs very little movement to activate the timer. It may go off in your hand, which is quite a fright!!

Comment

what about firing pyros from 203s? ive seen the madbull nade that is for firing anything in the tube. obviously a smoke and thermo fits (with some wadding) but can we do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder Head View Post
                      I think Jagillham has everything covered really but just to add, as far as I'm aware sites won't let anyone under 18 use pyros.

Obviously doesn't matter if your over 18 but I was quite disappointed when I found that out
                      The site I go to lets under 18's use nades.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                        what about firing pyros from 203s? ive seen the madbull nade that is for firing anything in the tube. obviously a smoke and thermo fits (with some wadding) but can we do that?
                        i'v always wanted to do this.. fire pyro! doubt anywhere will let you use it though.. still we have a motar at our site and its friggin rocks! fires nades like thermos just no smoke ( there isent a huge crack like Mk5's )

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

there is a vid on you tube of some scottishg fellas launching a themobaric out of a m203 and it worked out quite well. pm me and il send you the link when i find it again

Comment

I take it we're ignoring that fact that it's illegal to launch anything explosive out of a launcher?

Comment

never said anything about advocating doing it. its just an funny video (which looks kind of cool)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad_Intel Find out more about Bad_Intel
                              Working...
                              X