Weathered Or Worn Look Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weathered Or Worn Look Guns

Sounds complicated mate....but it looks good.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Worn def looks better than immaculate and unused, the pressed steel AK's look smart weathered

Comment

Hi again guys!

My most recent paint/warn/weathered job effort on this G36K I purchased late last week from a chap on this forum. When I saw "ohman's" effort early last week on his G36C using the sponge technique I thought I'd like to have a go at that myself!!

The gun came black all over, including the magazine. I sprayed the barrel/flashider and cocking handle in a gun metal grey, but left the rails/selector levers black. Just giving these a light rubbing over with W&D.

I then sprayed the body in a Sand colour as a base coat. Then using some really good sponges I purchased of the bay for a quid each I dabbed on the OD Green first. Some larger thick blotches and then lighter dabs all over. I used same technique with the Mud Brown. Once done I dotted the odd couple of dabs of Sand again in certain areas to highlight. The cocking tube is plastic so I had to paint a weathered look to simulate metal, but the ejection cover was metal so I just rubbed this down.

I purchased a cheap "bullet" type magazine on here, the tabs were missing off one side, so I removed and smoothed down both sides where the tabs would be, so as to simulate a P-Mag type mag once I had taped out a "Window" for painting!! I also did the same on the "bullet" symbols for the selector lever , so you can still see them, which I think looks effective. Once finished spraying I assembled it and gave it a good rub down with W&D on all the right places to look warn/beat up.

I impressed for a first attempt at sponging and a reasonable "Dirty Afghan" look that you see a lot of the German soldiers had. Pictures below. Let me know what you guys think!

Richie.

20160613_191114.jpg20160613_191257.jpg20160613_191139.jpg20160613_191125.jpg20160613_191053.jpg20160613_190941.jpg20160613_190928.jpg20160613_190703.jpg20160613_190532.jpg20160613_190519.jpg

Comment

Really like that Richie - good effort

Comment

Thanks Supa_T, it's appreciated. I think the pics are a little small to show the full detail so now I've learned how to put larger ones on here I might do that so you guys can see it better!!

Richie.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M.I.A Bish, Bash, Bosh Find out more about M.I.A
            Working...
            X