What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What optics do you use?

Currently optic of choice is a nikko sterling laserking 3-9x42 on a type97 and irons on a stoner 63a.

Comment

Originally posted by angry pirate View Post
      For my M16 I stick with irons as it's my workhorse woodland gat and I have no worries about dragging it through the cack ruining my optics. Ditto, heavy rain doesn't stop me from aiming (though it may stop me playing :P ). As an aside, it has no peripherals either - I've never needed a torch / peq for woodland. They go on my urban gat below:
      My CQB length M4 has a clone Eotech as I can aim in low light more effectively and it's bright enough to ramp right up for bright sunny days.
      My cheapsoft back up aeg is an SPR and has a cheap Aimpoint on so it can get dragged out for either urban / woodland.
      I've run magnified optics on my SPR in the past and, whilst it can be good for spotting purposes, it makes rapid target acquisitions a ballache and it's all kinds of frustrating watching the bb's dance around near your intended recipient and landing nowhere on target.
      Resurrecting this, my woodland aeg has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and it's more of a dmr/ recce rifle setup. I've lobbed a Vision King short dot on it and I'm still getting used to it. I like having zoom to scan areas at range and it's great for precision fire but I do struggle to snap shoot with magnification. Even at 1.5x I can feel the difference coshooting and it strains my eyes. Looks cooler than irons though
      "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
      George Carlin

Comment

Eotech 553

Comment

I use a Bushnell Holosight...which is superb.

Essentially an Eotech without the shroud.
          Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

Olivon and Millet DMS 1-4 x short dots on most of my carbines and rifles, Aimpoint T1 on the Vickers Custom. Vision King's suck ass because they're not a true 1 x at the lowest setting, totally defeating the point of the short dot design.

Comment

Atc1P7WYmXJU8FH8o1QE2rbT1mewDEuZqI1g4iWlODtb.jpg

A real EOTech 552 which i got from the classifieds on this forum

I have a lens protector in place so no worry of it getting shot out.

Comment

Id have 3. Two on the front one rear lol

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

I have had countless red dots and scopes. Now I only use a scope to spot a target in the bush, then I single fire, using the bb's to aim. Can I have a diploma now please.
                  sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

I use a low end real steel red dot on my GHK G5 (TAC Vector Optics Stinger). Even after several days play and being bounced around it bags, plus the serious recoil of the G5 (which has shaken apart an Elements Eotech clone, a WE aimpoint clone, and a surefire X300 clone) it is still is dialed in meaning my fist shot always goes where the red dot is at ~30-40 feet, so no need to fire, watch the path, adjust and re-fire (which I now find hard in the woods with my older eyes). Just got another one for my Hephaestus Tar-21 though the recoil is no where near as bad.

I agree though when it comes to most AEGs, especially if you're using high caps, you can just reel off a load of shots and adjust before the first pellet lands.

Comment

Currently, I use a ACM Kobra sight (which is a bit dim for outdoors, but perfect for CQB).

When I'm outdoors, I find the irons to be good enough, as I have enough time to allow myself to align the irons.

Comment

I really want someone to clone the Meprolight M21

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          I really want someone to clone the Meprolight M21
                          What he said!
                          Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                          There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.