What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What optics do you use?

Elcan Specter, with hopefully a Docter RDS on top in the near future!

And will be using a T1 RDS on MRE CQB Upper

Comment

i use a 4x acog on all guns except snipers and for cqb its iron sights

Comment

Use an ACOG on the M4 and 4-9x50 on the Bar-10. Used a red dot on the m4 for sometime but found the acog better at seeing my bbs flight path. Also cone in handy for just sighting purposes.

Comment

A simple 4x scope on the M4. I mainly go for a DMR role, and with my poor eye sight it makes it much easier to see who is doing what, and mainly what time they are on!
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Generally irons, as I don't see the need for optics most of the time and to save on weight.

Sometimes i'll add an Elcan to the M249, or an ACOG to my carbines but I only use them for spotting rather than shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
              A simple 4x scope on the M4. I mainly go for a DMR role, and with my poor eye sight it makes it much easier to see who is doing what, and mainly what TEAM they are on!
              EFA
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

4x ACOG with red dot on top on my M4. Works a treat for observation, identifying targets and firing at range. That said, if i'm going to be fighting through buildings i'm more than happy to ditch it for iron sights. I've just bought an Aimpoint with 3x magnifier - yet to try it on the field. In future i'll be taking the 3x magnifier along purely for spotting whether i'm scoped up or not.

I'll admit it's all partly for looks. :P

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

I use Aimpoint Comp M2s. Can't get enough of them. Target acquisition is much faster than iron sights & I can leave both eyes open. Helps that it's perfectly zeroed & my gun is actually accurate. Some of the guns I saw at GZ had me wondering why they were even trying to aim.

Comment

elcan 4x do love aimpoints aswell though

Comment

I have a cantilever CA red dot for my G36 & a 3-9 x 10-60 scope for my EBR
                      Tbh, the scope is set to 3x40 because anything more is just for scouting
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
                        I have a cantilever CA red dot for my G36 & a 3-9 x 10-60 scope for my EBR
                        Tbh, the scope is set to 3x40 because anything more is just for scouting
                        Hey mate, like the sound of the scope your using there, but im not sure I quite understand how it works, with scopes you tend to have say 3-9x magnification and then say 40, which relates to the size of the ocular bell at the barrel end, the bigger the number the bigger the ocular bells is and usually better the sight picture is as more light can get in to the scope, so does yours have an adjustable ocular bell as well as magnification or am I just reading this all wrong, what make is it?

Comment

Originally posted by spoon987 View Post
                          Hey mate, like the sound of the scope your using there, but im not sure I quite understand how it works, with scopes you tend to have say 3-9x magnification and then say 40, which relates to the size of the ocular bell at the barrel end, the bigger the number the bigger the ocular bells is and usually better the sight picture is as more light can get in to the scope, so does yours have an adjustable ocular bell as well as magnification or am I just reading this all wrong, what make is it?
                          10mm at the look in end, 60mm on the front end I think?
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

A simple 3-9x40 illuminated scope... Although if I feel mean I'll whomp a 6-24x50 scope on and target specific freckles :D
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah I think he means 3-9x60, just googled a 3-9x10-60 and that thing doesnt exist, would be bit overcomplicated and unnecessary to be able to adjust the size of you objective lens of your scope, the only way youd be able to do it is screw the whole front end off of your scope, and screw a new one on, that would mess with your zero and might mean that you need new mounts. might as well just change the whole scope.

Comment

I only use optics for outdoors/woodland. Don't see much point in magnifying something less than 20m.

For my M4 i use an ELCAN (i do the Canadian look) and i actually use it for shooting. However, when i play CQB i stick my iron sights on mainly because it reduces weight allowing me to move my rifle quicker.

The 10/22 has a 3-9 x 32 scope on, but rarely go past 5x magnification. It's mostly a DMR role though so i wouldn't ever put a red dot on it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X