Dan Wesson Fixed Hop up mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Wesson Fixed Hop up mod

Thought you guys might be interested in this, though does need some minor machining of parts.

I replaced the standard barrel with a shortened tight bore aeg barrel (maintaining the hop up specific end of the barrel) , put a hop up rubber on the barrel and nub. Then had to machine the outer barrel at the opposite end (or file down if you want but takes longer) such that it that the spring that provides the sprung loaded nature of the barrel would fit over. At the opposite end the softish aluminium piece thats sits over the barrell and mates to the cyclinder holding the shells needed to be over bored a little.

The pistol can then be re-assembled and you have a fixed hop up that gives me about a 100m range . I did add on extra bit of plastic around the barrel to stop it twisting inside the barrel housing (as other wise the hop up can rotate round from the top of the barrel to the sides or bottom).

If people are interested in this i can post up some pics of exactly what im on about.

Re: Dan Wesson Fixed Hop up mod

This is for the CO2 revolvers i presume? Pictures would be lovely :-)
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Yes thats right its for the C02 variants, Ive also modded it back to the 3joules that it supposed to be out of the box. Useless for skirmishing obviously but good fun

Ill get the camera out and take some pictures over the weekend

Comment

Ok.. so here is how to do it (included the power mod too)

First tap out the pins holding the barrel to the frame

The barrel can then be removed from the frame

For the power mod basically pack the hammer spring with washers, or nut and bolt if you want it adjustable to preload the hammer spring

Open up the barrell carefully by prising the two halves apart and then do what it says in the pic below!

This amout of hop up is about right for 0.3g bbs or above

Fashion a U shaped piece o plastic that will grip the AEG barrel so that it doesnt rotate around and mess up the hop up position..

Re assemble and enjoy more accuracy and range!:D

Comment

i've just used the second smallest spring out of this box of springs http://www.screwfix.com/p/compressio...5-pieces/11829

seem's to have brought the power down to about the same gas out of the barrel of my MP5 (that's running at 330FPS)

going to get it chrono'd on the 7th jan and will let you know!

hopefully that link is ok. as i'm pretty sure zero one don't do a revolver FPS lowering kit.
          Dan Wesson FPS downgrade and Action smoothing tutorial written by me! :- here

Comment

100m? are you sure lol...

Comment

well its defo 80m as im shooting from one building (1 floor up) and hitting another building about 1 floor up, measuring the distance on google earth its 85m so i reckon it could go to about 100m. Obviouly the accuracy is not great at 100m tho given its a pistol barrel

Comment

The images do not seem to be working anymore. Could you please repost them
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

There working for me mate

Using iPhone 4

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
                    100m? are you sure lol...
                    In fairness, I've seen a standard one sending BBs into the trees at the end of the GZW range and that's somewhere around 50m, so with a decent hop mod....

Originally posted by chaz_r33_gtr View Post
                    well its defo 80m as im shooting from one building (1 floor up) and hitting another building about 1 floor up
                    Take a moment to think about that.

If those building are separated by any property that you don't own, you're commiting a criminal offence.
                    sigpic

Comment

more info!

as above i tested the second smallest spring int he box i mentioned above. chrono'd at 370 FPS..

cut it down by 2 coils.. now shooting at 250 FPS

Comment

is it simple to get to the hammer spring?

could you post a few pics on how to get to it? would really appreciate it
                        Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
                          is it simple to get to the hammer spring?

could you post a few pics on how to get to it? would really appreciate it
                          i've done a full tutorial over on my blog: http://airsoft.web-rocks.co.uk/dan-w...r-fps-mod-co2/

Comment

Where do one buy all the necessary parts for doing this?

Comment

Bit of a necropost.. but I decided to try an rhop instead of the above as I was bored. Works a treat too..but obviously. Rupp need a bit more fettling.. initially it was over hopping 0.4s but eventually got it spot on with 0.3s. Range was insane as fps in the 6inch was higher than with the aeg hop rubber. Average fps was 430 on 0.3s !!! Range carrying out to 100m

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
                              Working...
                              X