Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gbb conversion to HPA

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Could you use that same tank for Propane and other gasses?
    I don't know, I think if you could fill it then it would be OK. But then again it has a regulartor on the bottle that brings down the pressure from 3000psi to approx 800psi. So I doubt that propaine would create the pressure required to open the valve.

I've never heard of anyone trying to use another gas in a HPA bottle. It's really easy to get a HPA bottle filled. Any dive shop will be able to fill it for you.

Comment

some dive shops can be funny if your bottle doesnt have a valid test certificate
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Would you not then have an m4 that needed to be cocked every shot? HPA mod is fine on sniper rifles but they are single shot, i'm struggling to see how you would be able to use this in a Gbbr and surely the cost of building one of these you could probably buy enough mags and propane that you'd never have to worry about cooldown..

I would really be interested to see this done but OP are you aware of how much cost and time would go into it? Some of the Guys on Gas Guns that do these custom builds are professional gunsmiths and work with those types of components every day.

If you do go for it, genuine good luck and please post a project guide:D
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

I dont think so it should work in exactly the same way with the regulated air supplying the front valve expansion chamber. I think this should work and look ok:

Custom HPA tank/regulator mounted descreetly in m4 stock maybe directly under recoil tube.

Flexible Black plastic pressure line routed from tank descreetly to front valve idealy inside body close to trigger block.

Fixed valve/expansion chamber which will allow magazine to be inserted and removed in same way, this can fit in the void of magazine where originaly it would be part of it but would now be attached to body. No more hastle gassing mags up.

If done properly i cant think of any disadvantages, the gun would strip down just the same without too much in the way just the cylinder which i'm sure could be well hidden in a custom stock like the batterys on aeg's.
          Last edited by jlb1974; 28 June, 2011, 22:14.

Comment

What about the bolt and nozzle? It'll have to be custom and in what body?

Comment

Just within the body of the gun itself, the valve and chamber would no longer be needed in the mag so they would go leaving the mag empty apart from the bb part. A replacement valve and chamber would be permenantly attached to the lower gun body in front of trigger assy and deliver the gas/air in same way so no need for different bolt/nozzle. The mag would haveto be modified slightly at the point where the valve would now be attached to gun body so it can go all way up.

Comment

The HPA is just a power supply, the gun itself doesn't care what type of gas is used so it doesn't matter if it's propaine, red gas, CO2 or HPA it'll work the same way. The only difference is the way that gas gets supplied to the gun.

Also HPA does not require an expansion chamber, this is because HPA is always gas, ulike the other common gas used in sirsoft which are normally stored as a liquid.

Here is a short video of a Sun Projects GBB, I'm using HPA to power that gun and as you can see it isn't a single shot gun at all.

http://goo.gl/brk3F

Also a Real Sword Type 56 that has been modified with a Exscort system (in slow motion)

http://goo.gl/y6OaS

Comment

Your missing my point, clearly you have a plan...so what components?
                  What make are you looking to build it from? WE, WA, KJW, WOC ?

Its easy to say 'im going to put this bit on that bit and it'll work' but thats just words.

I have genuine in this if you are serious in building.

Comment

I would use the we m4 closed bolt, if rigged up properly it will work.

Comment

What tank are you planning to use, to fit it in an m4 stock? I've looked at loads of different possible solutions and so far I have yet to find an hpa tank that even fits in a 40mm tube, never mind the stock :S

Comment

The best thing maybe to have one custom made and also mount it under the recoil tube as descreetly as possible like the aeg batterys. I would probably make a custom recoil tube out of metal which would do the same job but also accomodate the new tank underneath. Stock adjustment wouldnt be a problem so would have the length the same as in the extended position which would allow for a larger tank.

Comment

you could use a precharged air pistol resevoir

Comment

Not a bad idea, wonder how many shots you would get from it?

Comment

trouble is, i think it would be in the region of about 50 shots

Comment

I think a bigger tank would be needed. Have noticed some precharged rifles which get around 150 shots on a tank which should go under the recoil tube on an m4.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X