Tm vsr pro vs. Jg bar 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm vsr pro vs. Jg bar 10

Hi I'm Looking to build a sniper rifle. It's gonna take me a while to get the cash together for upgrades so what I choose will have to be as good as it can be out of the box.
    What would you guys recommend? Jg bar 10 or tm vsr pro.
    Also were would you start with upgrades. I'm a complete noob so upgrades will have to be easy to install.

Re: Tm vsr pro vs. Jg bar 10

The tm vsr would be my choice, due to the JG being a clone of the TM, its made of lesser quality materials, even though you will be upgrading, the tm will shoot better out of the box in terms of accuracy even with lower fps. Ive owned both, and the vsr held up much better over the bar. So for what my opinion is worth id pick the TM over the JG.
    sigpic

Comment

Of course TM VSR, stick to the original plus the vsr has one of the best hop up design in Airsoft industry , simple and solid.
      I'm preferring the Laylax brand over PDI but either is very good. Look for spring, spring guide, piston and if you buy the Zero Trigger( it's a must if you aim for high fps) you get and a cylinder in the package.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I'm aiming for 400fps. But would keep it lower if people think that the twist barrel is worth it? Or would tight bore be better? How easy is it to upgrade all of the above? I.e piston,spring guide, spring etc.

Comment

easy to upgrade, but getting it right takes time and tweaking, 400fps would need upgraded sears or a zero/noobie/pdi rigger over time, as the stock sears wont last long on that fps, id go for a tightbore over the twist, others will disagree, but its your shout
          sigpic

Comment

My understanding is that twist barrels are optimised for 320-350fps but generate spin and can increase range and accuracy
            Without having to increase the fps. I could be very wrong and have no idea how much they cost.

Comment

A guy at ASF will try the twist barrel in 500+fps SR-25 so far he claims he has good results.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

twist still has an effect on the bb at 400+ fps, but the higher the fps the lower the effect
                sigpic
                View iTrader Rating Here
                Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

It's not worth getting a twist barrel for 350+ FPS, from what I understand it's something like real steel rifling, where it's optimised for a range of bullet speeds (hence why certain grain bullets work produce better groupings than others) and I'd guess it's reasonably similar to the TK twist barrel in airsoft, so all TK need to do is produce a barrel suited for 500FPS speeds and they'll dominate the market along with making airsoft that bit more realistic.

Or I could be shitting out false facts, I'm not really sure. But it sounds like it could be true!

Well anyway, I had a tightbore in my KJW M700 and I modified a TK twist barrel to fit in, and accuracy when waayy downhill.

Comment

Ok so I def wanna go with tm. What's people opinions of the l96? I've heard that the availability of upgrade parts is poor though.

Comment

twist barrels arnt rifled like the real steel guns what you see in the barrel are grooves to regulate the airflow to minimise BB bounce and thus increasing accuracy i use one in my top tech m16 at 330fps and i have at time pinpoint accuracy on semi and burst of three but hey thats just my experience
                      sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mwarrior84 Find out more about Mwarrior84
                      Working...
                      X