Do you find comms effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you find comms effective?

For people who use or have used radios: do you find them effective? As in, can you objectively say that your team wins more often when you use comms effectively? Or is it just too hard to do well? Worse, are they a distraction that makes you less effective?

Do radios actually help most people play better, or are they just extra fun?
    I don't use a radio
    21.31%
    I use a radio and it helps us win
    44.26%
    I use a radio and it doesn't help us win
    11.48%
    I use a radio because radios are awesome toys, fool
    22.95%

The poll is expired.

Re: Do you find comms effective?

I find them fun and they are affective to a team because you can call in reinforcements if things get heavy.

Comment

They help but only if your team has a few.
      sigpic

Comment

i normaly use mine to listen in on the enemy as most of the time
        sigpic

Comment

Nope because 90% of people have rubbish radios, absolutely no comms discipline and can't communicate to save their lives. In my experience if used 100% of the time at least 70% of transmissions are useless garbage.

If you're a small team with some organisation then they are useful, and at milsim games they're kind of necessary.

Comment

I tend to find that it ends up bleeping at an imprompt moment
            Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

Exactly the above, if you are in a team that play together offen then yes.
              However i sold mine not long ago because 99% of the time either no one else has comms or they are on private/secured channels that cant be used by the normal PMR446 frequency, or its simply pointless because no one listens or responds to your cries for help
              As such mine stayed off for a lot of the time, i just play my own game now maybe with one or two tag alongs.

Comment

Where's "I use a radio and it helps me keep in touch with my friends"?
                I went to the NAE with 2 friends last year. I had a radio and so did one of my friends. I managed to stay with one of them throughout both days; the other was lost rapidly in virtually any engagement.
                Others till I die

Comment

My team uses them , 1 , because it helps us time a flank movement with another attack , and 2 , because , yeah , there fun , fool! :P
                  If You aint Taking your Hits , You aint worth S***

Comment

I use mine a bit but mostly for eves droping on the enemy and relaying there positions and numbers back to the my team leader the joys of having a scan button on your radio.

Comment

because our site on a saturday is usually hirers, any semblence of tactics between the regs on one team usually clinches a battle, usually we use radios.
                      "Its a control column not a joystick"
                      Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

I have one set of coms with my team and one set with delta commander. It can get confusing and annoying but overall it is worth it because you know where you needed most and how the rest of my team is going. Overall there a good idea.
                        sigpic
                        Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Yeah it's good to have them at GZW keeps everyone in contact helps with organisation and stuff.

Dom

Comment

For large games, hells yeh. Smaller games not so much

Comment

I always have one with me and normally go with about 2-4 other guys who do as well. Normally I'll find most other people don't have one but I can either use them to
                              a) Spread us among the team to make best use of the resource for the benefit of the team
                              b) Work more effectively as a small fireteam for the benefit and enjoyment of us

No matter how I use them, I always find it makes my day that much more enjoyable than if I don't have one and can't really figure out what's going on with the rest of my mates.
                              More often than not, if we're running on option a) and use them well, we do find it helps our team do better.

I do find if we get a load of others on our channel(especially those who insist on not having a headset so everything blares out for all to hear) it can bring things down a bit, most people I've come across just don't have good comms practice, good comms use is a lot better when you're with people you know and can have a (even a brief) chat before hand about it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                              Working...
                              X