Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you find comms effective?

Originally posted by Outlaw4231 View Post
    Never used a radio. Hardly anyone else uses them at EXA. Been ages since ive been outdoor softing but i use to stick close to the team leader and use bugel calls. Charge is easy as is assembly. i give my own twist to medic and retreat. Normaly play last post when i see someone walk to the dead zone. :D they like it down there. not sure anywhere else. need to get a new job so i can go down there :D
    Never heard of a bugle call for medic...i expect it gets slightly battered as well.

Please say its only a cheap one and not a bugle with history engraved on it.

Comment

Although, in our case, we're only playing, I think radio contact in any combat situation, simulated or real, gives a massive advantage.
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Our team all use secure comms. When we last played as a complete team (currently 5 of us) we utterly trounced the opposition (similar team size, who didn't have comms), and I attribute much of that success to comms. With effective communication we were able to deploy ourselves and each other better, call in enemy positions, update on mission or objective changes. Because our opponents didn't have comms they tended to stick together. This made them noisier and less conspicuous than us as they went crashing through the woods - whereas we were able to split up, with some of us laying in ambush, and others going on the offensive.

If you minimise the radio chatter, keep your broadcasts short and sweet, and are as concise as possible, I do believe you can use radios effectively as a team.
        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

We use radios in our team regularly. They are on a licensed chanel that we have payed for. Motorola gp 300, with headsets. Great range, will easily broadcast 3 km in woodland environments, more in open ground. We find our 7 man team is able to operate quite effectively. Since we provide afghan insurgent Opfor, we manage to cause quite a nuisance .

Comment

Radios are great if everyone on your team has a decent one. I remember on a skirmish one of the lads had one that made a jingle on everyone's line every time he released TX - this was a problem as we all had a volumes up high due to the fact we were whispering!!

Comment

Have just ordered a set of radios for me and a team mate. We will only have two radios between the 6 of us on our team, me with the one for assault and him with support.
              Will have to see how they work at the next skirmish, but i like to think that we will be more effective than some of the other local teams.

Comment

I think the first thing to get is a good squad that works together. Once you've got that radios have to improve your performance surely?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                Working...
                X