Width: Glock 17 Slide - PGC vs. TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width: Glock 17 Slide - PGC vs. TM?

Searched but couldn't find an answer. I have a TM Glock 17 with PGC slide What is the difference in width of the TM Glock 17 slide and the PGC cnc one? Does anyone know if the PGC slide will alow the TM Glock 17 to fit into a Blackhawk Level 2 or 3 Serpa for 17/22 etc., or is it too wide like the original TM one? Alternatively, does anyone know the actual width of the real steel Glock 17 slide? Not the 30mm width given by most, as that's the frame at the grip.

Re: Width: Glock 17 Slide - PGC vs. TM?

An even more topical question now that the MOD is issuing G17's to combatants.

Comment

Well a PGC Glock slide for a KSC glock is 25mm wide (measured with a micrometer), and they are same dimensions as RS as far as fitting serpas go.

I doubt the PGC slide will be thinner than the TM slide though in your case.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The OEM Marui Glock 17 slide width is 26mm and I suppose that's why it won't fit in by MOD issue RADAR holster even though the real steel G17 does fit the holster..
        I suppose it's because the holster is made to a strict tolerance military spec.
        This is the holster I have..that the Marui Glock 17 does NOT fit.. but the UK Issue Glock 17 does..
        http://www.radar1957.com/en/holsters...irectory_prev=
        Last edited by basil-henriques; 17 September, 2013, 23:50.

Comment

Within half a mm is hardly strict, its just designed to retain the gun securely. If it was a few mm oversize the gun would most likely fall out.

Sent from outer space

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
            Within half a mm is hardly strict, its just designed to retain the gun securely. If it was a few mm oversize the gun would most likely fall out.

Sent from outer space
            If you'd have checked the specs on the RADAR holster (I DID post a link), you'd find that there are three retention levels, two of which would prevent even a VERY undersized G17 from "Falling Out"
            Nah, the problem I have is that the MARUI G17 is not a marketed as a PTW and does not need to adhere to the exact 'Real Steel' dimensions.. And TM do not say it's slightly oversized. Something they should address IMHO.

Comment

Retention level refers to the number of retention devices, not holster dimensions basil. From memory a level three will not release the pistol after a primary and secondary retention measure have been destroyed.

Sent from outer space

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BaggyPants Find out more about BaggyPants
              Working...
              X