Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOBUS Paddle Drop Leg Mount

hey guys,

Thought I would do a quick review of my new piece of equipment.

BACKGROUND INFO

Now for those out there not in the know FOBUS make retention holsters and are based in israel.

The difference between them and say ones like Blackhawk SERPA's etc is that they generally work on trigger guard retention alone in a moulded holster that is riveted together (Mine do anyway I know they do different styles)

DESCRIPTION

This has a paddle (like the other FOBUS Paddle Holsters) at the top which sits on your hip, the paddle sits on the inside of your trousers (so the paddle is inside your trousers and the red panel sits on your underwear/next layer down) and can easily slide over a belt.

It is hinged around the hip socket area so when you move, the whole thigh rig moves rather than straps on conventional rigs that eventually loosen over time and cause your drop leg to flap.

Then you have the customary elasticated leg strap which clips together on a simply clip like most drop legs.

After this we come to the hole for your roto holster. You will have to either buy the holster separate or if you have one simply unscrew it from its paddle or belt mount then use the screw to attach it to the drop leg.

TESTING

Now as I live on a farm I have plenty of land to test this on. Strapping it to my leg and sliding the paddle on my jeans was no problem, set my trusty M9 in the holster and went a wander, At walk, jog, sprint, crouch and crawl the holster never moved, sometimes it did feel like the elastic may of been coming loose a little but this was quickly solved by a simple tug on the strap and would only need to be done after a very strenuous and vigorous run i.e. jumping over logs, into bunkers and diving.

The holster never missed a beat. The hinge design worked wonders and I would highly recommend this to anyone. The build quality is as you would expect, nigh on god-like production quality.

Also when you pay £20 for it and the holsters are around 20 quid or so they are well worth the cash. Considering I have two fobus paddle holsters sat around I used my M9 one so in reality its only cost me for the drop leg as I use and trust FOBUS already.

OVERALL

Design 9/10 (Only 9 as you have to depend on one piece of elastic strapped to your leg rather than 2)

Build quality 10/10

Overall Usability 9/10 (If you have ever used a black hawk you may prefer the finger on a button approach to releasing the pistol, with fobus it is more push down with the thumb and pull up on the pistol)

All in all a great addition to my kit and well worth the money, it shall see plenty of use and will lead a long and useful life!
    Last edited by aribos; 5 September, 2011, 22:57.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
Working...
X