Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you actually use tactics?

Hi guys,

Just wondering how many of you actually use proper tactics, like staggered formations when marching and leapfrogging when in fire situations and any others you could think of..?

Anyway, just want to know because I would prefer a game like that, sort of like how the military would do it rather than just running and gunning how I've seen it done at some sites and on videos.

So do you guys actually use military tactics or do you just sit tight behind a log and shoot anything that moves?
    146 ATC...

Cocked, locked and ready to rock!

Re: Do you actually use tactics?

leaping a what?

it would be hard not to use tactics tbh

Comment

Haha, I've seen some videos and been to a site I went for my birthday last year and it seemed as though people were just running all over the show and firing at whatever they could, it was organised chaos to be honest and I don't think I'd really enjoy it as much as if I'd have used tactics. I think that's what put me off for a while and made me stay away from being a 6mm hunter!
      146 ATC...

Cocked, locked and ready to rock!

Comment

Not too often just on regular days, but I have found my enjoyment of a day massively improves if I do something different each time I die. Rather than running up to the building or objective in the exact same way as last time and thinking it would turn out differently

Comment

To do it to good effect, you'd need loosely designated squads with leaders, or at least run through some drills before hand. It's doable though. Suppress and flank is always a simple one to execute. I have bounded across open ground before with about 12 other players, it's definitely good fun.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

i do attempt to, normally it fails with complete strangers. but me and a good mate once were able to get a leapfrog and forced between 5-7 people to retreat, so when it works, it works absolutely amazingly, when it doesn't it's an epic fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post
              leaping a what?

it would be hard not to use tactics tbh
              For fear of being reported (yet again) for disagreeing with one of this guy's posts, I would state that I've never seen any form of tactic being used in a skirmish yet.

Originally posted by STLI_Daniel View Post
              To do it to good effect, you'd need loosely designated squads with leaders, or at least run through some drills before hand. It's doable though. Suppress and flank is always a simple one to execute. I have bounded across open ground before with about 12 other players, it's definitely good fun.
              What this user says is quite possibly the closest one may get to some semblance of simulating tactics.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

does a banzai charge count as a tactic?

Comment

no seen any of this in a regular skirmish

Comment

flanking

suppressing fire

holding fire until the enemy get's in the kill zone

these are all tactics

Comment

i moon walked out of trouble last time i played,

is that a tactic ?

Comment

I did the worm as a form of crawling to get a good spot to snipe from... surely that's a tactic?
                        Last edited by Kagedwolf; 12 September, 2011, 01:07.
                        sigpic

Comment

Squad of three/four for us, we dont use tactics per se, just work together in whichever way we can depending on the situation.
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If my tatic you mean walk in to a room position the stock of the gun on my hip. The procced to empty a high cap whilst thrusting my hips in an erotic fashion then yes. I do use tactics.
                            TAE

Comment

O aye defo me and my mates use them all the time. Never once failed to secure or complete objective

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Fighting Mongoose Find out more about The Fighting Mongoose
                              Working...
                              X