Do you actually use tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you actually use tactics?

the only tactic that i need to use is overwhelming firepower in the form of dual weilding my stoner 63 and my buddys m249 for some reason it gets me a lot of kills and annoyed looks have no idea why though

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
      the only tactic that i need to use is overwhelming firepower in the form of dual weilding my stoner 63 and my buddys m249 for some reason it gets me a lot of kills and annoyed looks have no idea why though
      No idea why on that one... Is that expensive much to do??
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Since the person who founded our team is ex-military we even have team tactics manuals, one for FIBUA and one for sniping. We have found that if we start moving to objectives then people who are on our side that we don't know will follow us because they want to help out. I think good planning and comms help if you have a bunch of people you regularly play with, otherwise it turns into one big clusterf**k.
        sigpic

Between your faith and my Glock nine millimeter, I'll take the Glock.

Comment

Yes the tactic is normally my team send me in first crashing around like a bull in a china shop then wait and pick off everyone who lights me up!

Comment

at my local site ntac i think alot of us use tactics it just gives a better feel to the day

Comment

Nope, because tatics in airsoft don't count for much.

I'd be sneeky as such, but i don't really find the need to use tatics as everyone else here doesnt.

Comment

Okay to be fair, my tactic doesn't just stop at the worm...

I danced my way slowly towards the enemy in plain site guns waving about, it worked as a distraction, plus they were in my range and I was out of theirs...

Dancing, the best tactic ever made.
                sigpic

Comment

best tactic i've found for CQB is rushing, if you can get the your entire team and i mean entire team to run like their being chased by a whorde of naked grandads (of the athletic variety) its virtually impossble to not be able to take any objective!
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I think it's often good to play as a cohesive group, and use some level of tactics, or at the very least, a basic game plan, but I certainly don't get legalistic about it. Everyone plays how they want to play. Besides which, I only have the faintest grasp of actual police/military tactics, so if some ex-squaddie starts barking orders at me and hand-jiving in my general direction, he's going to get a whole lot of blank stares in response.

In milsim it's probably more appropriate, but I don't see the need for military precision in an average skirmish, where you've got a dozen clueless rentals shooting at anything that moves (including the trees...).
                    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Plus a few with their own guns at the labs

Comment

Haha! I've had a laugh reading through all of these, I'll have to try the worm tactic as it sounds like a real winner! As for the moonwalking out of trouble, I think that's a real army tactic used by the SAS, I'm sure I read about it somewhere!
                        146 ATC...

Cocked, locked and ready to rock!

Comment

ultimately no, why?... because its airsoft, people are a LOT less predictable in airsoft as they are not likely to lose their life so lots of things like suppressing doesn't help at all.
                          There is breaking off into groups and working together to win an objective but it isn't really tactics also a lot of people don't want to be bothered with it, they would rather go where they want when they want and not spend they day taking orders. I imagine during a milsim where everybody wants to be working tightly as a team things would be different but not played any milsim.

Comment

Me and 2 friends usually have a tactic of; have a 1 point man, a spotter in the middle and a rear man.
                            Dunno the technicle term, but it works well and all you do is signal or whisper if someone is ahead and the others drop to the floor and look out.
                            Then just move in formation and have each others back.

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
                              Plus a few with their own guns at the labs

True Dat!
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

We used some 'simplified' techniques at Berget 9, all patrols were done in staggered columns, set up firing lines, etc etc. To be perfectly honest I think a lot of it is a complete waste of time, I don't find many real steel tactics very effective in airsoft.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Fighting Mongoose Find out more about The Fighting Mongoose
                                Working...
                                X