Back to me roots, desert load out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to me roots, desert load out.

Hi all, wanting to put a german desert load out together. Looking for a modern/current load out.
    I'm about to take possession of a G36 full length duel optic with bipod. I know the guys are issued with the "k" variant and may look into swapping mine for one. It's an Umerex Ares with EBB, can't wait.
    The clothing isn't the problem it's the body armour that is, want it to be as close as possible to the current issue, at the moment I use Multicam Gen3 and a warrior compact Ricas in tan with M4 pouches, hydro pack etc. I would be willing to trade all this in for the german stuff.

Just fancy something different to the Multicam M4 toting brigade and as i was born their and lived their for a number of years, why not?
    Any help would be greatly received.
    Mark

Re: Back to me roots, desert load out.

lo

well currently there isnt a tropentarn bodyarmour on the civvi market, not that ive seen anyway, your best bet is either a webvest in the camo,theres a few models or as ive seen use standard flecktarn webbing althought there is the standard flectarn yoke and belt set available in tropentarn on the market.
    or as ive seen alot mostly on ksk and paras is, theyve started wearing a cayote or tan molle vest (the type that can take ballistic plates) and their own choice of pouches. seen 2 sgts with acu pouches on ther rigs aswell, so i dont think theres a main dress code. same with helmets, many guys are droping the helmet covers and just painting thier helmets, the paras started it and its flitered though to the infantry.

just a note on the g36 "K" is the military term kurz/short and "E" is the manafacturing term for export, they both the same length. the standard g36 thats issuded is teh full length that is often called a K but actualy just a g36, hand guard has 6 vents, k-e has 4. and of course the "C" is compact. K and full length standard issue are both used. depending on the regiment.

a quick google image search for bundeswehr in afghanistan will give you loads of results for load out ideas, there also a few vids on yootube of the same name, which a is a doc of the soldiers out there, quite detailed though is narrated in german, which i dont speak but the moving pictures were good.

Comment

Hi
      If you want the latest bundeswehr issuse plate carrier try best protection de they sell everything from kevlar helmets molle pouches everything thats issused to the bundeswehr,but expect to pay a lot the plate carriers on there own are 235 euro's plus post and packing.

If your looking for a plate carrier that a lot of bundeswehr troops use try Templar assault systems I've seen a lot of the German lads wearing them other than that check out google as viking said happy searching
      By the why the Mich 2001 is starting to be issused as well made by a German company under lisence looks pretty good painted in tropentarn

Comment

Cheers guys, talking of tan/coyote plate carriers, I do own a WAS Ricas compact in Tan! Not being very good at telling the difference between vest's, how much difference is there between mine and a Templar?
        Getting a Mich 2001 sounds easier than sourcing the german one too, bonus.
        Many thanks again lads, keep it coming.
        Mark

Comment

Simple answer, from what I can see, is "not much", both vests look like close replicas of the US CIRAS vest, so a WAS RICAS will probably suffice.
          Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
          ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
          a whole 85fps!

Comment

The only difference between WAS and TAS are the tags...

Comment

My new Tropentarn layout

Claw gear Tropentarn stalker 2 trousers
              Claw gear Tropentarn UBACS shirt
              Mendel Desert fox Boots
              Bundeswehr Combat Helmet genuine issue kevlar helmet
              Templar assault systems body armour and drop leg holster
              Last edited by bulletman; 12 March, 2012, 21:25.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
              Working...
              X