Tyson tools anti slip tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson tools anti slip tape

bought some of this stuff off the bay for £3.35 delivered in order to put some anti slip pads on my P-MAGS....this isnt really a review,its just to show you what i did with it,and how i did it...
    so its basically 25mm x 5m Self Adhesive Non Anti-Slip which happens to be slightly bigger than the indentations on the pts mags, so in theory it should be ok, im not sure of its quaility compared to the official £2 for 12 pads you can buy,but its a small price to pay,and i get 5 meters, so if its no good,i can use it elsewhere

anyway here goes....

tools and materials used

self adhesive black non-slip tape
    scissors
    plastic milk bottle
    piece of paper
    pencil
    permanent black marker pen

i first wrapped some paper around the mag, in order to take a (brass rubbing) of the indentations

then taking an old plastic milk bottle, I cut out plastic templates,using the rubbings as a guide.

I then used the templates to mark out the dimensions of the pads on the tape

cut them out and stuck them on...it sounds a lot easier than that, there were a few adjustments here n there but thats basically it.

i then finished off the pads with a permanent black marker to disguise any blemishes that occured during production, in other words down one side of the tape there was a thin white line,(i think this is what happens to the surface of the material when it gets damaged or distressed) i used that edge because it was the sharpest, the other edge of the tape was a bit wavy....and also i scratched some of the surface of the pads when i was trimming etc..so the marker pen sorted any imperfections

im quite happy with the results so far, as i achieved the desired effect, very easily and without much expense...ive done this to six P-Mags, 3 od and 3 black,and ive still got a load of tape left

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
Working...
X