Tokyo Marui SIG-Sauer P226 EČ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Marui SIG-Sauer P226 EČ

Checking Z1, there's no E2 mags available.
    Strong turndown for purchase tbh.

Comment

All airsoft manufacturers produce their products in batches, not continuously, and some UK retailers have told me that the E2 was either a very small batch or a limited-edition gun. They and others have placed orders that weren't fulfilled, and as a result it's hard to find an E2 currently on sale at a UK retailer. The magazines are in a similar position, but remember that the E2 magazines fit the older P226, and the older P226 magazines fit the E2.

I'll definitely be purchasing a few E2 magazines for my Inokatsu, though - the cooldown on the existing ones is really pretty bad. I might pick up the Shooters Design reinforced steel knocker at the same time.

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
      The Magazine [...] I added an O-Ring to stop any excess gas leaking on filling.
      Can you show us a picture of where and how you did so?
      Last edited by PureSilver; 8 May, 2012, 08:22.

Comment

I thought I might add to this threads revival with some of my experiences with the P226 e2 and hopefully also retrieve some feedback from some of you.

Having recently purchased the pistol itself, my first step was to get a Holster, and having the Fobus Roto Thigh Rig which was used to support a holster for my KWA USP Compact, I naturally went and got a EM17RP Fobus Roto Holster (The new style which allows for a flashlight to be attached) for a 226. Unfortunately, Tokyo Marui's design choice to not have 1:1 scale measurements has left me with a retention strap that can not close around the trigger guard, effectively making the holster useless which is a real shame as looks like a kickass holster. I am now left with having to make a couple of choices as to what direction I need to take in obtaining a new holster.

I wanted to ask you guys if you had any experience with the standard P226 Fobus Holster (non flashlight) and if it fits the P226e2, failing that, if you could reccomend any other holsters, I know that the Serpa Holster supposedly fits it, so thats already one consideration I have. I am thinking of going for a Bladetech Kydex P226 /w light thigh holster as my last resort if that gives you an idea of where I want to end up.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AtR View Post
          Checking Z1, there's no E2 mags available.
          Strong turndown for purchase tbh.
          Did you call them? They had a few last lime I went to the shop.

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post

Can you show us a picture of where and how you did so?
          I'll try and get some pictures up, it was just a tiny O-ring from a lighter I pushed into the gas inlet valve :3

Comment

Quick question, does this have the same kick as the old P226? Or did they update the blowback cylinder more in line with the PX4/M9a1?
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
              Quick question, does this have the same kick as the old P226? Or did they update the blowback cylinder more in line with the PX4/M9a1?
              I haven't owned a standard P226 for a while, but the E2 is certainly snappy. Whilst the blowback assembly is probably the same, the extra efficiency of the mags seems to help a lot. I'm very fussy with speed of cycling and kick, but I found it perfectly good with Abbey Ultra.

Comment

I am thinking of getting a 226, but I don't know which one to get.
                I have held both and both feel good in the hand so the decision of which to go for will be down to performance if there is any difference between the two.

first of all, does anyone know whether the E2 uses the new blowback system, or does it use the old one the same as the original 226?
                this will be the selling point for me as I know that the older blowback system used in the 4.3 is now dated and not as efficient as the the new version used in the 5.1.

secondly, is it true that the E2 has a steal knocker pin where as the original on is made of di-cast?

Comment

There is no new blowback system as such. They use the same nozzle and unit it would seem. By the way, the 5.1 is older then the 4.3. The original 5.1 came out first, and the 4.3 was meant to be an improvement in some respects. Whilst the blowback unit is probably very similar, the better magazine, and maybe the harder-hitting knocker, means that it certainly seem to kick more and is more gas efficient. As for the materials used, I'm not sure, but the part seems stronger. The original 226 one wars down easily, but I nhave yet to see the same war on the E2. I would be happy to bet it's steel. The originals were known to break.

Comment

I have just got one of these after reading your review and have to say that I am really pleased with it.
                    the range and accuracy are as good as some of my best AEGs and the look and feel of the pistol has really grown on me since I'v had it.
                    it is really pointable, I can hit coke cans at 15m without a front sight as this was missing when it arrived
                    the only thing I am slightly confused about is that when comparing the e2 mag to the older sig mag, there seems to be no really noticeable difference in terms of cool down.
                    other than that, it is a great pistol and I would recommend it to any 226 fan out there.

great review, many thanks

sharpy

Comment

Every positive comment mentioned above +1

I haven't actually skirmished it yet, but this is the best pistol I have ever seen!
                      Originally posted by Scotty Dog:
                      I usually just keep a turd in a drop leg holster, then if i'm cornered I just sling it and at least one person will get a faceful. It's great on ammo too, especially if i've had a KFC on the way there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                      Working...
                      X