P90 loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 loadout

Keen to see how people have created their own low drag loadout based around the P90.

I've just purchase some mag pouches but cant really decide to vest mount, belt or dropleg them.

Re: P90 loadout

i got 1 atm with is my SGA look, but i'm working on another 2 with maybe a 3rd which are UKSF SG team, UN, and maybe just a normal OG SG team
    Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

and maybe a merc
      Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Low drag, eh? Is that a cross-dressing midget?

I jest, of course. With P90 mags being the length they are, I should think they'd be quite uncomfortable to mount anywhere but on the thigh with a drop-leg
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

How dare you - I am actually 3' 9", so yes, I am, I guess, what could be termed a "midget"

With all seriousness - you may be right on the length of mag on vest issue. I did envision them to be strapped to a battlebelt but in reality I cant recall seeing anyone using a P90 in action.

Comment

I've seen several players with P90's at my local CQB sites, but I can't for the life of me remember how they carried their mags. I guess a battle belt would be the other good option, if they were secured at the top - but that might rule out sitting down without taking the belt off first. What about back-mounting them, upside down, or even horizontally in your lower back, if you can find such a pouch.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

http://thevestguy.com/category.asp?id=169

This guy has loads of vests,rigs and drop legs for the p90 and the 5-7.

Can give you some ideas

Comment

Ah thats helpful cheers

Comment

I use a drop-leg rig for a couple (might be 3 - been a while since I used it), and a couple on a belt - Molle-style pouch, with the belt looped through at the top so it can be moved around the belt if needed.
                    That said, If you're tall enough, vest-mounting might be an option.

Comment

I tried loads of things for my P90 Load out, I couldn’t find anything I was happy with for a long time. As I run other guns as well I tried to find one load out that will do for both types of magazine pouches.
                      I didn’t like having the P90 mags on a belt as they are quite long and I found that some times they would get in the way as I was moving. I tried drop legs but found that they weren’t the quickest things to be able to use. I made a copy of a Vest guy product (http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...opinion-please ) but again this wasn’t the best for quick reloads. I found that the best place to carry the long P90 pouches was on a chest rig, easy to get to quickly and not in your way when scrambling about as one in want to do when skirmishing.

Comment

I like that 4-mag thing. I have a Sten mag bandolier for 7 mags - maybe that kind of idea would work.

Comment

I just keep the mags inside my assault vest in the map pockets (will work if your assault vest is similar to or the same as a Viper 'LA' special forces style or Webtex assault vest), fairly low drag and you still have the other pouches on the vest free for something with normal magazines (M4 or AK mags). Absolutely hated the drop-leg pouches, the mags would snag every single time I tried to reload. Keeping the P90 mags in the vest isn't all that comfortable (don't, whatever you do, dive to the floor), but it is the easiest way to do it with an assault vest. The price we pay for having mags that can be used as cricket bats I suppose.
                          Another way to do it would be a molle vest with no pouches at all, and then fitting the P90 mag pouches to that. Costly, but it would be a dedicated P90 set up.
                          Failure is always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                            Any pics?
                            sorry i took so long to reply. i've only got a load of pics for the SGA look (seeing it's the only one that's finished) and a few joke photos of me being a bg before a party i went to

SGA

Body Guard
                            Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                              I've seen several players with P90's at my local CQB sites, but I can't for the life of me remember how they carried their mags.
                              I, for one just do what they did for reload shots on Stargate SG-1. My vest has an inside vertical pocket, behind the standard pouches so I just stuff mags in there and open my vest a little to allow access, reload and replace the mag in my vest, and zip back up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                              Working...
                              X