SS Officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SS Officer?

I think in 'Arnhem tragedy of errors' it's alleged that it was the 9th who prevented the airlanding using their chosen route to the bridge, i'd have to check.

It's years since i've read either Kershaw or Harclerode.

All I can say without getting books out is that they were no pushover.

Comment

To be fair though on reflection it's highly likely i've got the two '9th' units confused (having not looked into the German order of battle since about 2006). I remember it was 20mm fire from Kershaw and I think I may have put two and two together to get five there

Either way Hohenstaufen did a reasonable job of preventing 'market' working, and as we both sort of agree they were not really 'poor' by the standards of axis units of the time.

I never said they were 'high quality', i think they were your words as you felt they had a poor performance, my point is that if you're going to do late war german they were better than most!

Especially with regards to the original point about 'conduct'.

Comment

SS-Flak Abteilung 9 was part of Hohenstaufen, but was not equipped with 250/9s.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
          Post of the century!

Not sure on spelling but "uch bar, flicken de pandabar"!
          hehe my wife and I have been trying to figure out this saying (she is from Berlin and native speaking German). Please tell us about the Panda Bear as its driving us mad :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dellusional_Maniac Find out more about Dellusional_Maniac
          Working...
          X