Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Reconnaissance Regiment?

Originally posted by guns_and_coffee View Post
    Wow, that thread went full-retard pretty damn quick. So, how do I post without joining the melee?

The whole of UKSF is issued the Cyre/Paraclete/Airframe combo that is popular with a lot of guys at sites I meet. But to be honest as their job is the covert gathering of intelligence, you could wear whatever the hell you like, as long as the getup is consistent. Ie, afghan villager look, but packing serious heat, or civvies with a grab bag, I guess with that particular unit you're only limited by your imagination. I've seen them in some crazy getups, but in the context of their environment, perfectly normal.

As for weapons, C8/G17 and you can't go wrong, but like I said above, and AK isn't out there giving the context of their job. To be fair there is no wrong answer. Be good to see some load outs if people have them. always good to see something done right with a bit of imagination as opposed to the standard clone SF outfit that is common as muck!
    Not quite the case anymore. The airframe was not adopted the Opscore maritime was. Paraclete kit is mostly old hat, still a bit knocking around but not that much anymore. Newer stuff tends to be JPCs, CPCs, and AVSs along with C2R kit here and there.

Weapon wise the L119A2 is now starting to be roled out, but good luck getting an accurate repro of that. The G19 is what has been pictured recently not the 17 though. Not 100% sure on the reasoning behind that except its a shorter and lighter sidearm for CP stuff maybe.

But SRR would be wearing a massive array of different kit depending on tasking, AOE and all sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      That is correct andy.

I'm also no 'fanboy'.

I have experience to a degree of what goes on.

I left a couple of posts on the old UKSF thread stating that SF could and do use other kit than stated!

I getting the feeling one or two people here are in not so many words calling me a Walt!
      So grow the balls you were supposed to get and just say it!
      Then you can post up an apology when it's proved I'm truthful in what I say!

However I am going to retreat from the thread as it has gone a farly similar way to the old UKSF thread. Believe what you wanna believe really!

Hey Sean, remember when we were on Campbeltown and at a rugby game in Cairo, (put on best Team America accent) "thats in Egypt right?" where you were voted the "C0ck of the match" that was a mega run ashore, apart from your performance in the Hotel restaurant later that night!

Kissing that birds hand. What were you thinking? Not of your wife, thats for sure!

Comment

As an ex forces (RN SN D233....) who wore green along side the RM's, also did my fair share of bobbing up and down on a ship along with a beer fridge not too far away too.....ahh the haze of the easy life.
        Why do those of you who have served get pulled into the Arguments about who wore what and who shot what weapon?
        Let those who think they know everything to it, sit back, have a beer and a giggle. I've just read this thread in it's entirety and it's a Joke, it's gone so off thread it's unreal.
        Chill out lol.
        And before anyone asks, no I wasn't on the grassy knoll.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice to see the SN bomb being used on civi sites... very strong...keep puffing the chests lads, its good to see some ex muckers kicking about. Rubi-tong is spot on though... kick back with a bevy and just reading these dits is entertaining.

Keep it up boys

Chin chin
          Last edited by Reaver; 26 July, 2017, 17:14. Reason: Moment of f*cking clarity
          Sandy -- Rogue Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Souda Sid View Post
            Hey Sean, remember when we were on Campbeltown and at a rugby game in Cairo, (put on best Team America accent) "thats in Egypt right?" where you were voted the "C0ck of the match" that was a mega run ashore, apart from your performance in the Hotel restaurant later that night!

Kissing that birds hand. What were you thinking? Not of your wife, thats for sure!
            You REALLY don't like Sean do you?
            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I actually have no idea who that chopper is 😂
              Never boxed, didn't play rugby and wasn't on the clown in 2003.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Oh and I've never had a run in Cairo.
                I'm interested in knowing who you think I am last name wise.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That wpuld be interesting
                  Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                  Working...
                  X