Special Reconnaissance Regiment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Reconnaissance Regiment?

For fuck sake some of you just don't know where to stop, no wonder everyone else in the Airsoft community hates this forum and a majority of people on it

Comment

I'm going to be honest not read through the last half a page given all the petty arguments. With regards to the OP. Having spotted this earlier today. Managed to chat for a bit with a friend who has worked along side all sorts in his 22 year in the MoD. Depending on what look you were to go for the advice I was given was as follows.

For UK/Urban theatres civvies with easily hidden weapons pistols, pdw's ect. If you wanted to realy look the part maybe a throat mic under a high collared fleece. If you were to go for a sandbox look then your usual sandbox get up with a burgan and anything that would make it look like you were out for a week on your tod. As for weapons I couldn't relay get anything out of him regarding that but as per the look I think if you were to go for the earlier of the 2 you could come up with a pretty nice load out.

I hope this has helped as to those who like to provoke petty arguments that in no way further the OP's question grow up and start learning some useful life skills. The internet dose not need to be an extension of your ego's. If you have a small dick live with it and dont try and force that fact upon the rest of us.

Comment

Seconded Murta - Another UKSF thread derailed - and it becomes a joke when they are started. Format is this:

Person Starts topic > Some helpful and understated advice > Somone comes on and mocks previous posters, telling them they are all wrong, and 'enlightening' them with some broad generalisations > A load of Ex-forces descend on the thread and argue the toss, comparing war storys, and banter, all totally irrelevant and more suited to ARRSE > Anyone who actually might know what they are talking about and has done their homework is drowned out by people quoting from their their best mates in SF or the Ultimate Force box set > Insults get out of hand or thread FUBAR > Thread deleted...

While I don't like the mods deleting these threads, I understand why, they are too high maintenence and a a nightmare to read. I very rarely give anything but the broadest advise that I generally have seen printed by people who have done their research. Usually I just get advice from others and enjoy seeing cool impressions and guns, I have never served, and if I ever do, it won't be remotely SF.

As has been mentioned before - This is an airsoft forum, clear off to ARRSE for the slapping each other on the back with war stories, and realise that when people want to do UKSF impressions, they want to know thats been documented and deployed in certain theatres - not 'SAS can do and look how they like'. It's just tedious otherwise - and intensly offputting - I'm still pissed the UKSF thread was deleted cause people couldn't resist...

Comment

all very very interesting
          i wonder all u lot that SAY you have served have actually been in full combat
          not little patrol battles

Comment

Originally posted by bill1310 View Post
            well defining full combat , you could possibly say the falklands, if not then before that would be ww2.

not much of that goeso n these days a few minutes of firefight before the air is filled with jets.bomber and helos blowing shit up.

Comment

Seems to reinforce my point. It is entirely irrelevant. Just because you have been in the army, even if you have seen a great deal of action and performed admirably,it doesn't make what you say relevant and more important on an airsoft impressions thread, and doesn't make you less prone to talking out of your arse.

Infact you could have wiped the floor with the Argies in the Falklands or driven off the Mehdi Army in Iraq single handedly, it wouldn't mean trolling an airsoft thread is any more helpful.

While its very cool that ex forces guys are on here, and in RL I value asking those I meet for their opinions on things and their advice on topics, I don't see how your service record makes shooting shit and trolling in the specific and focussed UKSF/British Army threads anything less than mind numbingly dull.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
                While its very cool that ex forces guys are on here, and in RL I value asking those I meet for their opinions on things and their advice on topics, I don't see how your service record makes shooting shit and trolling in the specific and focussed UKSF/British Army threads anything less than mind numbingly dull.
                Though I understand the point you're making (At least I think I do?)

The specifics of it are; that those who have or indeed are serving members of the Armed Forces will have a greater potential of meeting/dealing with or even being SF. Sadly, the majority of people espousing their knowledge on threads such as this get their info from "The man in the pub" who just happened to be the 18th man on the balcony that day. That or Wikipedia, which, to be fair, doesn't always get it right.

That's not to say all the ex/serving bods are right either, but they will have more insight into the subject matter at hand. Though I suspect some of them may just have been sat in a hangar, steam-cleaning vehicles etc after they returned from patrol.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I served, for 12 years. Went to Iraq and Bosnia, couldn't tell you what Mk of helmet we used or what cut my DPM's were. Fact is I was issued my "Kit" and I wore it. I can however tell you everything you need to know on the mk6 & mk4 seaking and Mk5 Lynx. I can tell you how many pints I used to drink too. Unfortunately I can also tell you what it's like to have a round or two zipping over your head, never been as scared in my life. I'm ex RN fleet airarm and proud of it. This hobby we do is just that, a hobby! We shoot plastic balls at each other out of toy guns, we all love it too. Stop your bitching or sod off somewhere else where your bitching is welcome. Give good advice and be helpful to the best of your knowledge, people ask for help with different loadouts because they usually need it, knowledge with a loadout not stories of your heroic deeds.
                  Just my my take on a genuine thread that's been poisoned.
                  Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                    Though I understand the point you're making (At least I think I do?)

The specifics of it are; that those who have or indeed are serving members of the Armed Forces will have a greater potential of meeting/dealing with or even being SF. Sadly, the majority of people espousing their knowledge on threads such as this get their info from "The man in the pub" who just happened to be the 18th man on the balcony that day. That or Wikipedia, which, to be fair, doesn't always get it right.

That's not to say all the ex/serving bods are right either, but they will have more insight into the subject matter at hand. Though I suspect some of them may just have been sat in a hangar, steam-cleaning vehicles etc after they returned from patrol.
                    Quite right - Ofcourse if someone has served in a war zone they are more likely to have seen SF at work. I am not saying forces guys shouldn't post - thats stupid, I'm not even saying that they shouldn't mention their experiences.

But almost every person who posts in a loadout thread seems to start with the aim of telling airsofters how silly they are and how it all actually works, often flying in the face of accepted and documented knowledge on whatever the point is. At best this then degenerates into everyone reeling off their individual 'qualifications' and exchanging banter, at worst it becomes a slagging contest of people trying to prove each other walts.

If the advice is 'I saw a number of guys last summer wearing X rigs and carrying Y gats' that is useful, if uncorroborated imput. Often though it isn't that, its a load of sweeping generalisations and ramblings about how the SAS can use whatever weapon or gear suits the job, and everyone else is walting, like unless you have done 5 tours of Afghanistan your opinion and the information you might impart is worthless. Forces or not, unconstructive posts and meandering squabbling are useless, and when they are spewed out every few minutes, it becomes unmoderated and the thread goes. Doesn't matter if the person actually has done all they say they have, it shouldnt justify hijacking an airsoft thread.

I don't contribute much at all other than to ask questions and say when I think loadouts look good - I just sit back and watch, or give basic answers to basic questions I can deal with - I just expect those who do post regulary to actually have something to say.

Comment

I must say some of the comments on here are pretty disrespectfull, talk of have any of us been in full blown battles rather than patrols, well the fact is even a little 100m bimble from a FOB can still get you killed from a quick burst, the same as it only takes one bb to take you out of the game but in real life there's no going to regen. Talking of full blown battles then perhaps look up 42 commando on operation sond chara in 2008 and read up on that, battle if zarghun kalay, fighting in the rain and deep mud from Dawn til dusk.

Sorry about the small rant but I feel that some comments as I said are verging on the disrespectfull, no wonder there's serving members of the forces out there that hate airsoftersand call us this, that and the other

Comment

I have not served but I would'vethought putting your life on the line is just as significant no matter what the circumstances.
                        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by RM_Stu View Post
                          I must say some of the comments on here are pretty disrespectful
                          Some? Try >75% of posts on this thread. Any modicum of usefulness this thread had, went out the window way back on the first page. If the moderators were to cut out the bitching, sniping and ill-feeling in this thread, there'd not be much left of it.

It's really no wonder so many feel compelled to troll this and other threads.
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Its the trolling that makes these threads completely useless, and guess what, it only happens on this forum. Go figure.

Comment

Most comments criticising people for not being in full battles or walting or whatever come from other forces people. I just don't see why any of this needs to be dragged into it at all - because that's what causes the issue.

If these threads stayed on topic, noone gets insulted or angry. People's service record and if youve risked your life isn't the sort of thing that needs to be dragged out and subsequently dissected - it is a matter of quiet pride and respect from those who know what you did surely? Broadcasting it on every thread on zeroin that is can be made relevant just seems to cheapen it and detracts from what is simply a loadout discussion thread - nothing more.

Comment

[QUOTE=whitey85;928787]well defining full combat , you could possibly say the falklands, if not then before that would be ww2.

not much of that goeso n these days a few minutes of firefight before the air is filled with jets.bomber and helos blowing shit up.[/QUOTEpossibly falkland that was one of the last full battles the infantry soldier has had up to today.
                                you arm chair soldiers make me laugh

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                                Working...
                                X