Rlux Face Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rlux Face Mask

I haven’t seen any other reviews of these masks so since I’ve just bought one I thought I’d share my thoughts.

First off a little about my thoughts on masks. I have been playing airsoft for quite a while, and ever since I started playing I have always wore a full face mask, I have seen too many teeth shot out for me to risk anything. I started with a basic face mask, these were OK but a little boring, and needed to be replaced ever year or two. A few years ago, when I was looking for a replacement, I discovered the Cactus Hobbies Army of Two mask. I ordered one of these masks, and they have been my airsoft skirmish masks ever since. I currently have 2 Cactus Hobbies masks, they both get used regularly. This review will be a comparison of the two different makes of mask, and at the time of writing I haven’t used the Rlux mask in a skirmish (should be this weekend), but will update this review once I have.

I bought the T800 mask because I thought it looks cool. I’m not planning on using it as my main airsoft mask, but it will be used every so often. Once it arrived it’s obvious to see that a lot of work has gone into these masks. The mask itself felt very thick, it’ll certainly stand up to airsoft power level, next up the mesh for the eye holes are nice and thick too, I have no worries about them failing. The next thing I always check is that the wire mesh in the eye holes are secure, and this mask has no problems in that area. The mould of the mask is good, but not great, there are a few slightly rough areas around the nose and a few other places, it’s not quite as good as the Cactus Hobbies masks, but still high quality. The painting is very good, it really makes the mask stand out, easily on par with the Cactus Hobbies version.

The eye holes in the T800 mask are quite deep, I was worried that my vision might be restricted but once the mask is on it becomes clear that there are no problems here and your vision is very good. The eye sockets are quite deep into the mask, so wearing glasses with this mask will be a problem. With the mask on the padding inside is great, it’s a very comfortable mask to wear, the five point harness makes getting the mask right for you is not a problem. The next thing that I noticed was how big this mask is, it protrudes quite a way from your face, certainly larger than the Army of Two masks I have been wearing, but that’s not really a plus or minus, just something I noted. One plus of this type of mask is breathing, it’s very easy, on the cheap facemasks I noticed that because the mask was close to my mouth it got quite uncomfortable to breath after a while, it became hot and condensation always started to form on the inside of the mask, both the Rlux mask and the Cactus Hobbies masks leave you more room around the mouth to stop this.

That is my initial impressions of the mask, well made, big but comfortable. I will update this thread once I’ve used it in a skirmish.

Re: Rlux Face Mask

Would of added as an edit but it won't let me, but here is a small update

Overall I would put the Cactus Hobbies masks slightly above this mask, but they are so close I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Rlux mask. I haven’t got a Heroshark mask but I’ve only ever heard good things about them, and as I seem to be collecting masks, I will get one sooner or later.

Comment

Small update as I’ve now skirmished with this mask.

Overall it was very good, it did it’s job very well. It was safe and the vision from the mask was great. I did find it slightly tighter on the face than my Cactus hobbies masks, but that might just be this one. Also I found that the back strap wasn’t as conformable as the Cactus Hobbies version, the Rlux is very stiff at the back of the head and it took me some messing about to get it in a comfortable place before I could skirmish.

I still think that the overall quality is slightly lower than the Cactus hobbies masks, and if Rlux and Cactus Hobbies made the same mask I would go for the Cactus hobbies version. That being said I would not hesitate to buy another Rlux mask, they are still very good, and they should last you a long time.

Comment

Have you got any pictures of the mask at all Al?

I wouldn't mind seeing some visual comparisons between the CH and the Rlux masks.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

What I also want to knowis why you bought the T800 mask when there were plenty of other to choose from?
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Will take some pictures of the masks together.

I bought the T800 mask because I liked the look of it, I just thought it was cool, and I was right

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

happyal Hello Find out more about happyal
            Working...
            X