Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    For good desert boots on a budget, Magnums are excellent. Mine were £30.... 2nd hand but unworn.

If you really want to go for it, I'd say be brave with the weapons & kit and give it all a good dusting with Sand Krylon - get that "used" look!
    Yeah, Magnums are great. I love my pair!
    Although I'm not sure about the Krylon, I mean...it's not removable, so it'll have a negative impact on the re-sale value of the items (If I ever choose to sell them on). However! We should be going to The Rock airsoft site this summer, which is pretty much a desert with plenty of sand, so we'll make sure to have a good roll around on the ground
    sigpic

Comment

Depend what you do really, if it's subtle should not affect the value in a bad way much at all. It does come off fairly easy, if not totally mind.

Comment

Bit o' stubble too wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          For good desert boots on a budget, Magnums are excellent.
          I've heard a lot of good things about Magnum boots, I'm definitely gonna get some as soon as I can.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Bit o' stubble too wouldn't go amiss.
          Some of us are a little young to have stubble <_<
          That and the missus insists that it be kept "bloody short".

Comment

Panoptes- stubble hmmm? What would the RSM say? What you need is a good tour tache!
            However, back on topic, personally, I would have said don't mix mtp and ddpm. After all the idea is uniform, so you wouldn't have the whole platoon in mixed dress, choose one or the other.
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Currious about why the crack shot has 3 M16 mags on his front and not mags for the 129.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                Currious about why the crack shot has 3 M16 mags on his front and not mags for the 129.
                Cos I actually use the L85 most of the time lol.

And I /would/ do a full MTP loadout...although the Mk4 Osprey is not legal to own yet. So compromises have to be made.
                sigpic

Comment

Also, I've seen a lot of troops combining the two. So that was the kind of look I wanted to go for

sigpic

Comment

regarding the black boots/desert boots i would think black boots are fine, having been on a winter tour out there in 2008 i wish i was wearing my black boots instead, got very wet and knee deep mud in places, after a 2 week Op my desert lowa's were wrecked

Comment

Slavs, that is combination of "accessories" ie osprey etc because there was a delay in getting the matching equipment. The trousers and shirt are still a matching pair.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I know, I need to get an MTP UBACS, but I just can't justify the price for what it is at the moment, unfortunately. I'll get one soon enough.

Comment

Oh I seeeee. You were referring to the different camo UBACS and trousers! Yeah, as I mentioned, Saoul is still in the process of buying an MTP UBACS. The DDPM one is temporary
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank god I manage to get get thats getting written off at work! To hell with paying £25 just for a smock or trousers!

Comment

Nice load out gents .Little tip guy at the front get some trousers twists . And find an old car inner tube and cut a strip across then stretch it around the helmet . Go see a scrap dealer for this . Even better speak to someone in the ta if they can get you an old land rover inner tube that's what i used on my mk6 I would even go so far to say a bmx inner tube would do the job. Get a 20x195

Comment

Originally posted by Andy8746 View Post
                                Little tip, guy at the front get some trousers twists.
                                My trousers have them built in, but I obviously didn't do them up very well :p
                                Thanks for the advice!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X