Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by Ironfist View Post
    Because black lenses are strongly discouraged/banned in Afghan.
    Must be a recent thing because it's not my experience.

They like to see your eyes its a cultural/trust thing.
    Well, I wouldn't give a shit about that, frankly.

Comment

^ Coin ops fail...

Comment

Like I give a shit.

Go to bed - it's not worth your blood pressure.

Comment

lol just passing on facts

Comment

Originally posted by Ironfist View Post
            lol just passing on facts
            (He dosent like to think he is wrong)

Yeh the photos were quite surprising. Ive found that if you only use a few cm of tape plus strips of different materials/few bits of natural cam the tape soon blends in (after a few exercises in rain/dust/mud). All down to how much time and what crap you carry on your helmet.

Comment

Would all the people who have posted their loadout photos on here mind putting up a list of what they're made of?

I've always been one to go down the gun route first, I've got the L85 100% sorted, I have an L119A1 and L129A1 in the pipeline and I'm planning on picking up an L115A3 and a nice Sig at some point too.

I figure if the guns are going to be authentically replicated it seems stupid not to do the kit as well, but I know almost literally bugger all about plate carriers and stuff... =/

Kit lists would be heavily appreciated.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
              : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
              AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

I've written it down before, so here's what I can recommend. Starting at the top and going down

- Mk.6 Helmet Helmet with MTP cover, NVG mount with PVS-7 front bracket, cats eyes, IR Mockingbird Strobe.
                - ESS ICE 2.4 Ballistic Glasses / Revision Sawfly ballistic glasses.
                - Bowman headset with PTT and radio.
                - MTP UBACS/shirt
                - Mk.2/3 Osprey vest with MTP pouches. (and now maybe the Mk.4 Osprey?)
                - Oakley SI gloves.
                - MTP trousers.
                - Blackhawk! Hellstorm V2 kneepads in tan/OD.
                - Lowa/Magnum desert boots.
                sigpic

Comment

My Mk7 lookalike, much cheaper, and much more legal than trying to get hold of the real thing. I know it should be tan, but I didn't have any tan spray left, and decided to do it OD - actually quite like how it looks though.

It's abit lumpy on the sides, but I didn't put too much effort into getting a good finish since I intend to put an MTP cover over it with sniper tape, and NVG strap/mount and a surefire helmet light - possibly some choc chip netting. My only issue is that I tore apart an Mk6 suspension system to give it that British look, although obviously the Mk6 is alot bigger. The helmet just about fits my head now, but doesn't sit correctly, so I am going to try and fix that before buying any more things for it. If I can't I'll sell it to someone with a smaller head I guess...
                  Last edited by Jay8; 22 July, 2012, 15:11.

Comment

That's awesome! Any chance you could PM me with a link to where I can get one?
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice set up guys. I am more and more tempted to get an MTP rig. Just cant justify the £££
                      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Unfortunately you can't buy them off the shelf mate, it's a self build. I can tell you how I did it though.

It's a Mich 2002 replica I got new for £15 because it was missing a couple of pads (not a problem since I knew I was going to rip them out anyhow). I then got a Mk6 for £20 with 2 helmet covers and soem ESS advancer goggles, abother good deal. I tore out the pad/strap system from the Mich then used standard milliput to shape the bumps above the ears using photographs as a guide. I have it a blast of krylon then in black to tie it all together, then masked off the bits to remain black and went over it in OD.

I then removed the suspension system from the Mk6, cut the foam inner to pieces to make it fit the smaller helmet, then used epoxy resin to fix it all in. The problem is how the rear of the strap ststem fits, I am not sure how I am going to fit it yet, but might replace the two strap holders with a single horizonal sleeve at the back to achieve an effect similar to the real Mk7. All in all, when considering the other bits I used as part of deals, I got it done for under £30, although no doubt the helmet light and NVG mount will set me back abit more - I had the project in mind a while though, so have been picking things up here and there for some time to get the cheapest deals.

The main difference to a Mk7 is that the pokey out bits above the ears should extend further towards the face, although I can't think of a way to change the Mich 2002s shape so drastically without it looking really really messy and potentially being quite weak, I don't want the helmet to fall apart if I catch myself on a wall.

Comment

mtp loadout non desert.

Comment

@Jay8 Thanks for sharing you you made it, it looks fantastic! Personally I couldn't tell the difference in shape at all, the only thing I noticed was obviously the colour, but that's not a problem, since I guess you'll be putting a cover, netting, nvg mount on it.
                            Would be great to see it with the rest of your kit.
                            I've been hearing a lot about milliput, might have to grab some and have a go at this myself, seems it's much cheaper and more ethical than buying a real Mk7

@Curlyrocks Looking good mate, thanks for sharing! Interesting mix of SAS Dagger and RM flashes going on there though o_O
                            sigpic

Comment

Ethical airsoft indeed

I will indeed be putting on a cover etc as soon as I can sort the out how it sits on the head. Milliput is very useful and easy to work with too, I shouldn't think youd find it hard to do as well or better making a Mk7 yourself, it only takes an evening once you have the stuff sorted.

I don't have a standard British infantry loadout myself, I have a few bits but they have never made it into a loadout. I skirmish with a WIP SFSG/1Para loadout, so its much closer to the stuff seen in the SAS thread. If ever I get hold of some MTP pouches I will chuck them on my osprey for a pic sometime. The Osprey itself is very cool, a piece of trials kit, a Mk3 in PECOC camo - not sure I could bring myself to skirmish it.

Comment

Well I don't use the beret for airsoft but I use a mich 2000 helmet ( I can post pics if you want ) so I threw on this old beret to see how it would look

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X