Radio Detonate Pyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Detonate Pyro

The game in question involves fighting for control of 5 huts in a stilted village area. When the clock runs out, the team with the most live players in the huts wins.
    Normal pyro rules mean a grenade exploding under the hut is a kill for everyone in the hut (grenades not allowed to be thrown INTO the huts).

On this occasion, one of the opposition had gone into the game zone before the game, and planted radio-detonate charges under the huts.

The problem came during the game, when we had discovered the charges and detonator receivers, but weren't allowed to touch them. Then, as we predicted, a few seconds before the time was up, the opposition detonated the charges under the huts our players were occupying. The marshalls then counted that as kills for all in the huts.

Apparently, it's only the second time these things have been used at the site, so they don't have any rules in place for this situation.

TBH, I was so annoyed at the cheating to plant them that if I had any, I'd have dropped a MK5 nearby for a "controlled explosion".

Apart from the fact the guy shouldn't have been allowed to plant them before the game started, what do other sites do about when the opposition discover these things?

Re: Radio Detonate Pyro

Does losing the game really warrant this discussion?

Comment

If they had managed to get in to the hut whilst in game and plant a remote det and had it kept there in case they were over run and were over run and detonated it, I would have give them thumbs up and said nice one. However, if it was set up before the game started and they were not starting in the hut then I would have given them two fingers and s bit of verbal.
      Remote dets are good fun, part of the objective of them is planting them. I'd have a player or two with me and our mission would be go set up somewhere without being hit!

As for spotting them, I have a 'off' switch on my dets and trip wires. The pyro is a enough of a length that is someone was to try and deactivate it and it went off then it would take an arm out! if I've not hidden it well enough and they have found it then they should be allowed the credit of deactivating the thing
      . .

Comment

i would deal with them the same way as in real life ie you find it you deal with it you say that you found them before they were detonated why would the marshal not let you deal with them? sounds fishy to me if that arose in a game in the past why did the site not already have in place a plan if these were to be used again?
        this game is played on honesty (honest!!) to plant them before the game is ........................

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          Does losing the game really warrant this discussion?
          Yes.
          I want to suggest options to the site management. It's THE way to avoid someone damaging the equipment next time.

I'm pretty sure a radio receiver in a plastic box won't like a MK5 going off right next to it....

Comment

Originally posted by paulh View Post
            i would deal with them the same way as in real life ie you find it you deal with it you say that you found them before they were detonated why would the marshal not let you deal with them? sounds fishy to me if that arose in a game in the past why did the site not already have in place a plan if these were to be used again?
            No Idea.

Originally posted by paulh View Post
            this game is played on honesty (honest!!) to plant them before the game is ........................
            Indeed.

Comment

is this a site in Essex? if so then i believe i was there this day

Comment

Possibly, but I don't remember seeing you there.
                It was the SAB walk-on Sunday 29th Jan.
                Last edited by No1_sonuk; 31 January, 2012, 23:17.

Comment

ah right no wasn't there for that, have been there when it was done before though and that was set up before the game began.
                  i don't play there anymore now anyway

Comment

if it was setup before the game,without the marshalls knowing,then it was plain cheating and should have been dis-allowed.
                    did you contest it/report it to the marshalls,did you call a marshall ingame to point out what had happened.
                    for someone to set dets before a game creates a no-win situation,which i can beleive would be very frustrating and not in the spirit of airsoft.

then theres the flip side..............funny as f##ck
                    sigpic
                    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

We, and one of the marshals, knew of at least 2 of them before the game (there was at least 1 more we found later in-game), but nothing was done about them.

Comment

and the marshalls did nothing?
                        sigpic
                        Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
                          and the marshalls did nothing?
                          Exactly...

Comment

you shouldve made a big point during the game,called the marshall in and asked whether it was allowed,if it was,what was the point in playing a kobiyashi maru style game in which the team defending the huts was in a no win situation before the game even started.
                            you all pay to play and enjoy yourselves,all games should be 50/50 unless the scenario dictates otherwise (hunt the sniper,defend the the tiny brick wall lol),but i would like to see somone giving a breifing which allows the enemy to set up dets under the huts,so no matter what happens,team A wins and team B will always lose.
                            i think most of us would just sit in the canteen and wait for the next game.

dont get me wrong,i dont mind an "over the odds" game,but you must have some (even slim) chance of winning,or it just wont be enjoyable.
                            clearly the marshalls DIDNT do there job.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think part of the problem is that their use is so new at this site that they don't have rules in place to deal with in-game set units.

So I have some ideas, least destructive first:
                              1) If they're spotted before the game starts, and the planting team won't remove them, or the marshals won't disqualify any discovered devices, I'd recommend the whole team to refuse to waste ammo on a fight they can't win and just go back to the safe zone.

2) Try to cut the wires with cutters, and hope the planter isn't stupid enough to detonate it with someone so close.

3) Use a stick to move the pyro next to the receiver so that the planter blows his own receivers up.

4) Drop a Mk5 on the wires either a) next to the pyro, or b) next to the receiver.

BTW: Switching them off isn't practical - someone said they tried it before, and the pyro went off.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

No1_sonuk Find out more about No1_sonuk
                              Working...
                              X