Radio Detonate Pyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radio Detonate Pyro

i think number 1 is the most logical,and would give the site a bad rep.
    number 2 could be unsafe.
    3 and 4................f##kin hilarious, especially when he/she detonate them.

i think if they were to say "in a real world situation,explosives could be planted before an op",but also the argument for that is,if found by the enemy,they could be difused.
    i just wouldnt waste time...go get a brew and wait for the next game.
    a game,where you have to find the explosives and difuse them would be a good scenario,but a game where dets were placed before hand and you cant touch them (coz there not your property) is just plain crap and wouldnt warrant the other team wasting their time playing.
    the site im at use all kinds of props and stuff,but each game is fun and is thought out so its fair for both sides.even if its not fair as in the numbers vs,it will be fair as in what can and cant be done.
    as for the enemy team,i think there must be somthing in the back of their minds that tells them its not a victory,and definatly not somthing to brag about.if it was done purely for a laugh,then the motivation could be different,but i sense it wasnt accepted in this way.
    sigpic
    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

i run remote det only 1 though never planted it before game started, that sucks but if some one turned it off or disconnected i'd let them their good fun as said but in the wrong hands well...

Comment

Should of cut the wires. Not damaging there gear...but diffusing the situation....if we're goin for realism then why the hell not...

I've set up a remote smoke hidden outside a pill box before a game...but that was just for a 'where the hell did that come from' still get the shits and giggles without people getting up set.

Out of order I say.
        Originally posted by Artekus
        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Just a point worth mentioning here. I was told by a professional explosives expert, that mobile phones can and do trigger these cheap radio remote pyro devices. How many of us run about with mobiles switched on ? With an increasing use of these remote pyro devices being used in milsim games, I for one don't take my phone with me anymore !

Comment

Remote detonating pyro in a gameing area is a terrible idea. How do you know somebodies face isn't next to the bang?

Comment

Originally posted by Almondo View Post
              Just a point worth mentioning here. I was told by a professional explosives expert, that mobile phones can and do trigger these cheap radio remote pyro devices. How many of us run about with mobiles switched on ? With an increasing use of these remote pyro devices being used in milsim games, I for one don't take my phone with me anymore !
              To my mind, that's a good reason to take the phone.
              Find one of the devices and make a call...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                Remote detonating pyro in a gameing area is a terrible idea. How do you know somebodies face isn't next to the bang?
                Not many people dangle them in mid air.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                  No, but if someone's just found one and is looking at disarming it, they might be too close.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                    No, but if someone's just found one and is looking at disarming it, they might be too close.
                    The sites I play at tell players not to touch pyro that isn't theirs, I wouldn't touch pyro that isn't mine, however you can't predict stupidity so in some cases this is just asking for trouble.

Comment

There's also the other problem that where the ones I mentioned were put is also where some people "dig in".
                      If they're on their way down there when it goes off, they may not have seen it until it's too late.

Comment

We have a guy at skirmish mansfield that has and uses remote pyro. If it adds an interesting element to the game but doesnt make it unfair then the marshalls allow it, for example once we had to hold a fort and he planted remote dets in all the doorways to take out the first wave of attackers - if they have been planted before hand the marshalls alert people to that fact so there arent any (too) nasty surprises.
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                          for example once we had to hold a fort and he planted remote dets in all the doorways to take out the first wave of attackers - if they have been planted before hand the marshalls alert people to that fact so there arent any (too) nasty surprises.
                          Different situation. You're talking about an objective you have from the start and need to hold. In which case, you're not gaining an unfair advantage by planting pyro, etc. as part of your defensive setup before the game starts.
                          The example I'm talking about in the OP is one where the objectives (huts in this case) are neutral at the start and both teams need to take them.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                            People get into some strange positions when BBs are flying at their faces or they think they are being clever and trying to hide.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

No1_sonuk Find out more about No1_sonuk
                            Working...
                            X