Skirmish Site Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skirmish Site Reviews

Hi, I thought it would be good if you put up reviews of you local sites to help people decide where they would like to go on Away Games etc. I don’t want this to get bogged down in “Don’t go here cause blah blah blah” type reviews but instead concentrate on the more positive aspects. I’ll start the sites in the north east you may wanna visit.

Name: Gun Ho Airsoft

Times Visited: 6 or 7

The Site:
    Easily the largest of all the four main sites, this thick forest/bush terrain is perfect for any budding Jungle Fighters. GH shares its space with a paintball site and on the rare occasions that both Paintballer’s and Airsofter’s have the same game day they keep our lot to the “Airsoft Only” side of the site which is still a big area on its own. Its not just all forest, bush and water they also have four forts, 2 Dragon’s Teeth areas, and various other landscape types, including a “Merc Camp” as I call it with fighting holes, MASH tents and bunkers. Spring/Summer the site is great for Patrol duties and all fire fights are quite close due to the thickness but don’t let that put you off as its still a good distance engagement if you get my meaning. Autumn/Winter games the green dies away but there is still plenty of the old woodland to mish about it and it becomes a good sniper site.

Marshals:
    Mark and Chris are tow of the nicest guys you’ll meet, they run well structured games and are always fair with their rules and disciplining of cheating players (if any).

Game Types:
    All the normal ones are here like Attack/Defend areas or forts. But also a few original ones like a timed game involving a very large pond , rope and a plastic crate. Also I enjoy the patrol based games because of the size of the site this can become a real game of cat and mouse.

Minor Problems:
    Honestly? None! Every time I’ve been I’ve had a great time and everything has gone well. The only issue I might have is the paintball goop up there when they open the whole site to the Airsofters. But that wipes straight off.

Amenities:
    Chemical Toilet, shooting area to zero your weapons in, Small shop to buy smokes, grenades and BB’s etc. And also an under cover eating area.

Overall:
    A great site and I’d highly recommend it.

Re: Skirmish Site Reviews

I forgot to add...

Cost: £20 Walk on - £35 Hire/Game

Comment

Name: Northern Skirmish Club (NSC)
      Times Visited: 3 or 4
      Cost: £25 Walk on - £20 Members - £40 Hire/Game

The Site:
      It may be the smallest of all the four main sites in the North East but they know how to use the land to its best effort. They tailor their games to maximise the land so you never really feel the size of the site if you’re used to a much bigger playing area. This is a forest site with multiple gradient landscapes. The trees unlike say Gun Ho are more spaced out (If you’ve seen Dog Soldiers and the bit when they first retreat, the forest is like that). They have multiple fighting holes and massive bunkers, plenty barriers to hide behind and a good few make shift small buildings to defend/attack.

Marshals:
      Good lads and I’ve seen then come down hard on cheaters. They’re a fair bunch as well and they are not afraid of banning folk for constant cheating.

Game Types:
      VIP Games, Capture area games, Attack/Defend. All good games and well structured.

Minor Problems:
      Same as any site really, Hire Gun kids not their taking hits but tell a Marshall and they sort it.

Amenities:
      No Toilets, But BBs, Smoke and Grenades for sale. Pie and Tea if you are quick. What they do have an over the other sites up here is a guy called Michael Burdis who does quality Airsoft repairs and at a good rate.

Overall:
      Good little site and fun to play at. Defiantly try it out if you can. Its just a shame its the most expensive of the sites but that’s down to the landowner not the guys who run NSC.

Comment

Name: Northern Alliance Airsoft (NAA)
        Times Visited: 4
        Cost: £20 Walk on - £35 Hire/Game

The Site:Located at the end of RAF Disforth (How cool is playing Airsoft with stuff landing behind you) this is what I assume was once part of the air force base at some point. At its heart it has 6 large dug in compound buildings which make for some heart stopping action when the fighting gets in that area. The rest of the site is littered with trenches, out buildings, purpose built forts and makes for a very dynamic fighting area.

Marshals:
        Top lads and very fair and very much will tell you like it is which I respect. That way the little Noobs know from the start how Airsoft should be played.

Game Types:
        Pretty much all the classics are here including their own version of Battlefield’s Rush game with a working timer/bomb (Siren instead of C4 of course lol).

Minor Problems:
        Only issue I have is in the winter when the sun dips down about 3:30 then the whole sight becomes useless if you’re moving east on it as your blinded however the NAA guys do adapt the games to deal with, Also some of the bunkers (or dug out foxholes) can flood too but if you dont mind having wet feet its not really a problem.

Amenities:
        Shop for BB’s, Smoke, grenades and food etc, inside changing area, fully legit toilets and charging amenities.

Overall:
        For the cost of playing you also get a FREE Pie, Pop fruit and Chocolate of your choice. How wicked is that? It’s the little touches like this that makes the site well worth visiting. Friendly players and a great site makes me wish this one was closer to were I live,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North East Airsoft [UK] Facebook Group Find out more about North East Airsoft [UK]
        Working...
        X