The world greatest ambush gone wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world greatest ambush gone wrong.

It was a cold and bitter morning at TWA's (Tactical Warfare Airsoft) Woodland site in Croydon. We were defending the hostage in which the other team had to rescue. The rules were simple. We as defenders had one life in the depths of the woodlands and then one inside of the village. The attackers had unlimited lives and once shot had tot take 30 paces backwards to regen. If we shot their hostage once their team have touched him, we would win! Before the game started I saw an opportunity for our team to win the game. So I briefed them; "Everyone, we shall stick the other teams hostage in this concrete cylinder and we will hide about 10-20m back and ambush them. We shall hold our fire and only attack once the other team touches their hostage and we would all aim for either the nearest member of the opposing team or otherwise the hostage. So the game started and we set out finding hiding places on the floor in the shades of oaks and other leafy trees. I covered myself in dead leaves. The other team started to approach our ambush and went to take the bait. The other team were within 3 metres of the hostage they had to rescue. Their whole team oblivious to all of ours and the trap we laid. I then glanced back at my team-mate to check that he was ready to fire, suddenly over his shoulder I spotted a dog walker, walking two small minuscule dogs just outside of the game zone, but within all of our weapons ranges. So I stood up and alerted the marshals nearby of the danger present to the dogwalkers. Of course the marshal then blew the whistle signalling all players to drop their weapons and stand up. The other team looked amongst themselves discovering that they had been part of this trap and we're nearly tricked. They noted our positions and then when the game started, half of our stealthy carefully positioned team-members were dead. The game went on and we lost. But at least we took in to perspective the safety of civvies whilst playing that day.

From Slumzy, A regular, a marshal (Trainee) and a photographer at TWA.

Re: The world greatest ambush gone wrong.

Sound like that ambush could have been epic!

Never had a problem with dog walkers or such at my local but that's gotta be one of the most frustrating things ever.
    Honor before Victory

Comment

At EAG dorking the only problem we have with civvies are... farmers

Comment

I wonder what the dog walker thought when a whole group of guys in camo holding RIF's thought haha
        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
          I wonder what the dog walker thought when a whole group of guys in camo holding RIF's thought haha
          Probably would have called the local bill and said people were invading. Lol!

Current armoury: G&G CM16 Raider-L, JG AK47 Tactical, WE M9

Comment

i was at Catterick at the weekend and chased a group of enemy into the open field thats in play, engaged them and then suddenly horse riders appeared and we had to call a ceasefire lol...

Comment

I was on an ex at aldershot B... I think, and a bunch of civvies walked out and set up a picnic about 100 metres from my troops position and a couple of hundred from the 'enemy'...
              That was a fun conversation for the troop stripey to have in the morning.
              Another time, I think it was at crowborough but I could be mistaken, a couple of dog walkers emerged less than 10 from the OP we had set up the look on their faces was priceless
              | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

I was at phoenix welbeck airsoft, firefight between my team and the enemy team, a guy with a dog comes jogging up the main path, everyone calls ceasefire but the dog walker had legged it the other way when he spotted us all with the RIFs... The marshall drove after him to explain so we didn't get the local police aiming their guns at us. Think there was a nice brown trail behind the guy
                Originally posted by Coz
                If you fart, take a chrono reading
                Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slumzy Find out more about Slumzy
                Working...
                X