Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Airsoft Accidents

Originally posted by Jamie s View Post
    nothing really serious like dislocated knee's but this is still knee related.

at anzio camp doing a weekend of gaming and it was the first time i was using my Socom, at the bring and buy on the first day i was lucky enough to find one of the proper holsters for a socom with a lam unit attached so i snapped that up immediatly. all through the first day and the night game i didnt notice the silencer bashing into my knee when i ran which i did a lot of cos i was using a shotgun outdoors.

the 2nd day i was ok at the start of the day but in the last game leading up to dinner i could barely walk cos of pain in my knee. it took me almost 10 minutes to walk/hobble from about 1/2 way up the site back down to the safe zone and to quote one of the marshall i looked 'like crap' when i finally got there.
    sat down in a chair all through dinner and nearing the end jamie came up and quite rightly said "you arent going anywhere on that knee". went to A&E the following day just to be safe and it turns out i gave myself bursitisis in my knee (inflammation of a fluid sac)

Was out if the airsoft scene for a good month cos of that. on the plus side it got me 2 weeks off of a course i was on on account of me not being able to walk very far
    I was at Anzio all day with my blackhawk serpa (leg platform) on and it was a tad too low on my leg, needless to say it was digging into my leg every stride. Me having a daft hair cut though decided it was nothing and carried on, however at the end of the day i was in a fair bit of pain, and only now that you bring up your experience do i think i know what i might have done. i never got it checked out though and my leg is still there so i assume i'm ok (bar the hair doo).

Also not my experience but i was there to witness it,

We had a zombie day at anzio where a lad on a different team ran out of the pub away from the horde of zombies and decided that to take the steps down to the ground would be a rediculous idea, and instead ended up running in mid air horizontally and crashed to the floor, near a zombie that was already slain, i asked him if he was ok (which he was, unfortunatey he damaged his fpg) but for a reason unknow to me and everyone else i told the guy lying on the floor clutching the remains of his only hope against the zombies to "watch out dude, that zombie will get up anytime now"

On the same day as well another guy decide that to jump from a 1st storey window is better than to get eaten by to zombies. Hero!

Spike

Comment

About a year ago I was playing a close quarters team death match in the woods at my local site, it was down to me on my team and this one enemy player, the call of 10 second left went so i decided to make a final push, I pulled my pistol out firing like a madman ran to my left, I proceeded to immediately slip and fall onto a tree trunk and damaged my muscle to the extent that there is now a ridge in my upper thigh muscle. And out of some miracale I got a lucky hit on the enemy player as this was happening and won the game

Comment

Worst accident I ever had was at AWA a few months back. I was sneaking up on some players at the edge of the site boundary and decided to break cover and attack them. As I run a GBBR and I had fired quite a few BB's already I unsnapped the retention bungee that was holding my Sig P226 in place on my chest rig. Then I stepped out of the cover and started firing whilst moving forwards to the next tree where I'd transition to my pistol and carry on if needed. Unfortunately, as I moved forwards the puddle I was walking through suddenly became very deep, well about waist deep actually and I kind of half tripped, half fell into it. But I picked myself up and I'd hit the enemy players so all was good! Apart for being half soaked and covered in mud.

Then the end of game whistle went and off I trudged to the safe zone. As I neared the safe zone I unloaded the rifle and went to do the same to my Sig. But it wasn't there any more! I realised that when I tripped into the puddle my Sig had slipped out of the vest and straight down into the murky depths. Both myself, the site owner and the marshal have searched the ditch but to no avail, the Sig is gone forever! So let that be a lesson to you all to always use lanyard on your pistols!
        The Offshore Outlaw - No one does what I do

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
        Working...
        X