Your most annoying hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most annoying hits

So I'm at a skirmish yesterday and I get into a bit of a scrim with this guy. I'm using a bolty, and he an AEG. I'm popping out randomly and shooting back, but he keeps laying the fire down. The speed I was trying to get him with, I probably couldn't have got him without any measure of luck. I raise a little over my cover to take my shot and I feel a BB lightly scrape my ear. It's barely a hit - had a real round hit me as much it would barely be a scratch, but a hit is a hit, so I take it like a gent. Nevertheless I was slightly peeved that it was such a small part of my body to be hit, as opposed to a plain and simple BB to the chest.

This got me to wondering, what other hits have people had to take that were a little irritating, whether it be through a tiny hole in some cover, or a shot meant for someone else.

Re: Your most annoying hits

I have shot myself in the foot when trying to draw my sidearm... Mistaking the shot for an enemy shot. Had just got in a nice sniping spot too ^^
    Was drawing my sidearm because i pull it out of its holster and put it next to my bipod so i can grab it quicker.

Strabo.
    Originally posted by Danny_boy85
    People that shout, "you gunna take that you idiot!?" Yes mate, if it hit me i would take it, but due to your lack of accuracy and cock eyed aiming, you missed me by a clear mile so have a shot to the forhead from me for being a grade 1 twat.

Comment

most annoying was a team mate about a foot behind me shoots at someone way out of range, follows him with his gun, i get between 15 and twenty rounds twanging my ear and side of my head, his gun was pretty much bang on the 350fps limit too

Comment

A hit is a hit to me, no matter where it gets you.

There was one time (at band camp...) when I didn't feel anything hit me, but heard, and felt the air from a high velocity round passing my ear. It was someone equipped with an upgraded boltie. The games about honesty and I had to appreciate that it should've been a hit, and was probably the wind that made the little difference. I took that as a hit in respect to the fact that a) I had no idea of his location, yet he had a good shot on me, and b) if I hadn't taken that hit, I'd have probably been hit shortly after, and that one could've hurt. (big wimp hehe)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Patrolling quietly with a mate
          The guy was using an AA L85A1 (which he had grand ideas about), I was using the TW
          A group of enemy appeared, two snipers and a couple of Lmgs from what I could see through their dense cover... my mate decides he can hit them, at 60 metres with an out of the box ACM rifle...
          I said we should get closer but he fired anyway
          The round floated down into a bush pathetically, the snipers spotted him and fired, then the mgs followed suit. He took a hit without firing again. Then, lying as close to the ground as I could to avoid being spotted. I had one magazine left and the range and wind with their heavy cover spelled failure in a straight fight. With hindsight I should of bugged out but I thought if I stayed put they might not see me... I was wrong and took a close range hit from a sniper who had flanked me when my head was in the dirt!
          Equally, I've given some horrible hits, one being at NAE when I went round a corner after seeing two shadows, the bang rule had been rescinded so I had to fire, a marshall nearby confirmed this I spun round, fired a big burst but all the rounds went into the first guy as the second target hid behind him... When I saw the blood I took a hit myself. I apologised and gave the guy my med kit, he then got just a bit riled with the chap who had been cowering behind him
          | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            I took that as a hit
            If only more people played like this, only this weekend I was in a bunker covering the door with my SAA when suddenly a volley of bbs come through a window to the side and go all around me, granted none hit but they may as well have done so I took it, was probably for the best as it turned out my revolver was empty :D

Comment

Shot in the balls from six feet away through a bush at GZ, ouch!!! not a happy camper, my mate got a burst in the face the same day!! one on the bridge of the nose and one on the lip, we both went home looking like we fell into a bees nest! happy days

Comment

getting hit in the adams apple. that one hurt

Comment

i was hid in some couragated iron at my local site with my sniper ,a teem membaer got hit and
                  i see a enemy popping his head up for a second so i took a shot that was meant to hit his rig as he crouched down
                  but as he went down the bb hit him in the head and got complimented as a bloody good shot (first kill with my sniper :D

Comment

Every hit to the boots

Comment

I had a hole mid cap emptied on the back of my neck from 15 meters away. What makes it worse it was my own team

Comment

I got shot defending a base with an upgraded boltie in centre of my forehead, it had swollen up
                        Like something from a cartoon! I acknowledged it was a mint shot as it hit me as soon as my head
                        Broke cover!

Comment

Clearing a building, I know guys on my team are approaching the large room I am in, it's dark etc, I told them over the radio, " I am in the room and it's clear" at least 3 times, what happens? Get lit up by my own team who then said, "oh yeah, you said you were in there". ARRRGGGHHHHH

Same team member, next game we are pushing forward (in the dark), I am point, he knows this, I push forward, silhouette myself for a moment and he shoots me!!! AGAIN!!! Even though he knew we were pushing up and he was behind me, watching me push forward!!!

The only other memorably annoying hit, was smack bang between my eyes, the day before a big boss was coming into work. I was wearing a helmet, glasses and face mask with a 1 cm strip between my glasses and helmet. It gave me a purpley bruise for about 3 weeks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Those mega annoying cheeky floating shots that were a complete fluke.
                            Still laugh about it and take it but it does annoy me a bit when you are in a great position and that little piece of floaty plastic comes from no where and gently taps you on the head (or more on your foot) like a camp person trying to get your attention in a busy location.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

One of the games at my local involves placing one team into a small, defensible area with limited regen, and siccing the enemy team on them with unlimited regen and a clock to beat. This area can be approached from one side, or, you can circle round the site and hit them from the other, but this is more difficult, as there's a significant dead ground between the closest cover (a large mound), and the enemy team. However, the defenders have quite a tight boundary - they can't cross that dead ground.

A bunch of friends and I get the bright idea to run at game start, circle all the way around, and get through aforementioned dead ground before the enemy expect us, since it's usually a 10 minute amble to strike from that side. We get there.. and a good half of the enemy team are -stood- in the dead ground, facing the other way. The four of us line up on the mound, pop up, and score about 20 kills between us with automatic fire :D.

We drop back down behind the mound, grinning like fools and high fiving, and abruptly get lit up by a burst from behind us. We're all quite confused, as the enemy have a boundary that prevents them from hitting us from there, before we clock the colour of the player who shot us - friendly. He thought -he- was the front runner...!

Many d'ohs were exchanged on our way back to the safe zone..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HillyOTM Find out more about HillyOTM
                              Working...
                              X