Playing at Urban Assault AKA How to take a building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playing at Urban Assault AKA How to take a building

Yeah, thatd do. Ive heard good things about them. Do love HK416's (its a pretty faithful recreation of one - minus trades, etc).
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Just looked at the vfc pdw?im torn between that and the g&g now.

Gah.
      But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
      I have spread my dreams under your feet;
      Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

Given the choice between the two, id buy the PDW every time.

Three of my mates have them, and all three of them love the things. Fitted with a fast discharge lipo and a little internal tinkering they are utter CQB monsters.

If i wasnt saving for another Systema id be all over getting myself one.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I'll jump on the PDW bandwagon. Nice weapons: they have a very good balance between maneuverability and fire-power. Will require a PEQ box to get any size of lipo to power it but then I think they're about the only guns which suit a PEQ.

Comment

That G&G 416 will be pretty awesome too... Personally, I don't think the folding stock will be much good for anything apart from slinging it in a backpack for transport.

The VFC PDW is nice though, but way more expensive.

Are you planning on using an assault weapon AND a sniper rifle at the same time?

Comment

Lol, this thread has been de-railed slightly...

I thought the D-Boys PDW (which is considerably cheaper than the VFC) only required a little bit of tinkering with the bushings/shims or whatever to get it firing really well? B.E.N, doesn't Conrad have the D-Boys version?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
                Lol, this thread has been de-railed slightly...

I thought the D-Boys PDW (which is considerably cheaper than the VFC) only required a little bit of tinkering with the bushings/shims or whatever to get it firing really well? B.E.N, doesn't Conrad have the D-Boys version?
                Yeah... I guess it is kinda about playing at UA still though? :S

Nick got the D-Boys one and just used the externals... It's only a V2 gearbox though, so getting it working isn't gonna be rocket science, it's just balancing out the money you are willing to spend on parts, and if that ends up being any less than just buying VFC from the start.

Comment

What I was originally looking at from playing woodland was to have an assault rifle (my G&G CM16) and purchase another rifle to use as a counter sniper type rifle. However, after playing UA, I would rather a assault rifle AND instead a CQB type rifle set up as I found moving room to a room and shooting around door frames slightly awkward with the longer barrel of the Raider-L

So to conclude, i'll have the CM16 Raider for woodland and the new rifle for UA, I do like the look of the G&G 416 especially as its A LOT cheddar than the VFC
                  But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
                  I have spread my dreams under your feet;
                  Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

i've never been to UA, so i don't know if rules permit, but some sites allow the use of a telescopic ladder, allowing you to breach top down...not what anyone would expect
                    don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

I would absolutely, categorically say that the use of ladders would not be permitted at UA.

Comment

I can cast iron guarantee that is not allowed. You aren't allowed on the roofs due to height restrictions for insurance reasons, let alone a ladder.
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Plus all the buildings are f*cked and you'd be a fool to go onto the roofs!

Comment

Actually, the roofs are probably the safest place to be, what with the concrete box design of the the RAF base buildings. It's the bloody metal scavengers that has done so much damage to the exterior masonry that is a big danger, aside from the H&S risks of ladder use.

Comment

Ladders at UA?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Most of the staircases have had to be rebuilt because of thieving, pikey scumbags nicking all of the metalwork...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North East Airsoft [UK] Facebook Group Find out more about North East Airsoft [UK]
                              Working...
                              X