Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Simple tactics transferable from paintball to help you stay alive longer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simple tactics transferable from paintball to help you stay alive longer!

Thanks for the clarification of a "Walt", makes sense!

My Mrs hates it when we go on ship, I just spout random info that she doesn't care about. The first line she hears when we step on is "I can drive this you know" and it's now a running joke. However I think your wife is telling you she's the capt'n

Comment

Ive been playing 2 years and cant honestly say ive seen anyone doing the squat-crouch thing before in airsoft (not saying people dont, I just havent noticed.) Anyway I play cqb more then anything and I can tell you, that squat-crouch tactic is going to help me alot. Our cqb games are timed so any tactic that can help save precious seconds is welcomed by me. Thanks Gair333 regardless of what the haters say this thread has helped me and thats the whole point of it.
      sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Here's a couple of videos demonstrating some of the techniques I've laid out already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdaF...eature=related breaking out and shooting lanes
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEM7oLVLh4I Some pro tips on some basics
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kCCM...eature=related just because it's f**king awesome and demonstrates effective bunker filling (for key bunkers, duh)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUM1n...eature=related Snap shooting and demonstrating bunker skills.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXBdQ...86C34F600BE68D Running and gunning
        http://i.imgur.com/EGfB4.png M4 quick mag changes
        http://i.imgur.com/0a6Ud.png Ak mag changes

I know it's Ollie Lang heavy and some of it isn't applicable, but hey, he's been voted best player in the world every year since 2007

Things I'm not hot on but want to learn about:

Camouflage and concealment.
        Breaking fortified positions with things other than your face (ie not a sacrifice where it's a close call between who shot who as in paintball)
        Playing in an open field/wood
        Moving through woodland effectively
        Moving super quiet for a knife kill

Please add anything you think newbies and even experienced players should know and even some unique techniques you use!
        Last edited by Gair333; 3 May, 2012, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Gair333 View Post
          Thanks for the clarification of a "Walt", makes sense!

My Mrs hates it when we go on ship, I just spout random info that she doesn't care about. The first line she hears when we step on is "I can drive this you know" and it's now a running joke. However I think your wife is telling you she's the capt'n
          i always thought you would pilot a shipnever drive it, but please correct me if i'm wrong

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
          But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by big smudge View Post
            i always thought you would pilot a shipnever drive it, but please correct me if i'm wrong
            You are indeed correct however saying "I can drive this" adds to the comedy value of the inside joke But then again a ship is only under pilotage on the approach to the port/lock/harbour/ wherever it needs to be and the captain doesn't have the endorsements for the waterway. Longest stretch of a pilot on board I've seen is 56 hours continuous berthing down the f**king river shannon when I was a cadet. That was not a fun week.

Edited: Sounded arsey when I read it back but isn't meant to be

Comment

You are indeed correct however saying "I can drive this" adds to the comedy value of the inside joke But then again a ship is only under pilotage on the approach to the port/lock/harbour/ wherever it needs to be and the captain doesn't have the endorsements for the waterway. Longest stretch of a pilot on board I've seen is 56 hours continuous berthing down the f**king river shannon when I was a cadet. That was not a fun week.

Edited: Sounded arsey when I read it back but isn't meant to be
              no arseyness intended, i only made comment because i always got a clip round my ear from my grandad when i referred to a ship as a boat. with him being Ex RN and with me being Army lol

Comment

Top tip! A ship is a vessel that carries other vessels on board i.e. life boats. An exception to this are the super premium "yachts" which only maintain the title because wealthy people with that sort of cash would never be seen on a ship/boat. Both my granddads were away at sea during WW2 one as RN and the other in the MN, father was an MP, uncle is a major up in a recruitment office in dundee after serving as a spotter for AS90's and a few cousins serving in the green howards in various ranks and roles. Funny how certain jobs stay in the family!

Any advice you can give for concealment?

Comment

Hide out of obvious line of sight to begin with, everyone forgets that bit. The best camo in the world only goes so far if you're hiding next to a well travelled path. Don't forget making good use of shadows as well in either dark areas or particularly on sunny days, high contrast areas of shade can break up your silhouette good and proper.

Comment

Top tip! A ship is a vessel that carries other vessels on board i.e. life boats. An exception to this are the super premium "yachts" which only maintain the title because wealthy people with that sort of cash would never be seen on a ship/boat. Both my granddads were away at sea during WW2 one as RN and the other in the MN, father was an MP, uncle is a major up in a recruitment office in dundee after serving as a spotter for AS90's and a few cousins serving in the green howards in various ranks and roles. Funny how certain jobs stay in the family!

well be interesting to know what ships your grandad sailed on as you never know they could've served together, and about concealment is the old 1 of the 5 S's Shape, Shine, Smell, Sillouette and Shadow each of these have a particulate role to play in acheiving the right kind of concealment mate

Comment

I have no idea about the RN one as he divorced my grandmother in 1964 so I've never even met him (died in 2006) and the MN one died in '97 however I do know he was shipping tires from canada and serving as a chief engineer at the time.

Comment

Damn... there really are some miserable ****ers on ZeroIn. Many thanks Gair, this is interesting stuff. In particular, i hadn't previously considered the few vital moments that could be saved with that semi-squatting stance. While it might not be so useful to me as a woodland airsofter, i can certainly see the application in a CQB setting.

Comment

Good stuff man, some of it might be simple and obvious but I guarrentte most don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by big smudge View Post
                            no arseyness intended, i only made comment because i always got a clip round my ear from my grandad when i referred to a ship as a boat. with him being Ex RN and with me being Army lol
                            Let me guess, you got the ships float, boats sink talk?

Some handy stuff there, not sure about squats though, that is certainly something not taught to any standard military unless it has very recently been introduced, it goes against the principles of marksmanship, stable comfortable base, that is not that. As lactic acid builds up you get a burning sensation, muscles start to contract and cause involuntary spasms (ie the shakes), also stand a high chance of seizing up, you then become a very easy target. One knee is always the best option if prone is out the question, just make sure your weakest knee is on the deck, that means you can stand using your strongest leg, also means you are not off balance when you stand, get it right you can get a fluid motion into a run.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Missed the edit time on this.
                              When engaged in the open never present your side profile. In airsoft it doesnt so much matter as a hits a hit, but in real world you face straight on to the target, the reason being is your most heavily armoured area is your front or back, if you side on to the target you stand a high chance of exposing the soft fleshy parts with limited armour.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                not sure about squats though
                                I guess its probably more of a speedball/paintball thing only. Nice advice though about kneeling on your weakest knee.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gair333 Perfection is often hard to achieve, yet some people attain it. I am not one of those people, sadly. As the Deli Llama once said "Be excellent to each other". Find out more about Gair333
                                Working...
                                X