KJ works M700 P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ works M700 P

Hello again I have a few hours before I dissapear off to work and I am trying to avoid cleaning out the hamster cage so I though may as well do another quick review this time on the M700 by KJ works.

KJ works M700.jpg

Now this is my favourite sniper rifle off of the best Call of Duty game COD4 the R700, why this gun was my favourite probably because it was easily the worst one and I love rooting for that as its more challenging to take someone out with something that is worse then what they have *cough* M40A1 *cough*. Anyway this isnt a review on the awesomeness of COD4 over all the other COD games so now onto the review.

Background:

The R700 was a civilian target rifle which would then become the M40A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 this is not a paper format no this is the military designations for there marksman rifle. Anyhow the airsoft version by KJ works is a copy of the Tanaka M700 which from what people have said is a fantastic gun. Now as for the KJ works version there are mixed reviews on it the negative reviews generally comment on how its horribly innacurate it is and the positives comment on its power and range now then to the actual review.

Externals:

This gun is like the Hulk to put it simply, the polymer lower receiver is thicker then the Hilton sisters and therefore can take a serious beating not that I am saying they should be beaten but you get what I mean, anyhow did I mention how thick the lower receiver is? It is basically a deadly weapon in itself when you reach the zombie apocalypse you will want one of these as your melee weapon it is the nokia 3310 of airsoft, to me this is a big perk as this is a long weapon its nearly 1.2m long and you want something that if you do bash into a tree with it wont snap or lose a lot of its durability, I like this as when I used to have an L96 springer the body on that just felt so weak and cheap this thing feels perfect for an airsoft weapon.
    The upper receiver is full metal starting from the bolt this bolt is very real and compared with a springer is very easy to move it may feel a bit loose but that is what it is suppose to be, the top of the gun has a 20mm rail ontop to allow you to be super L33T and attach your own optics to it yes you can go ahead and attach an Acog to it and 360 no scope if you want. on the rail is the hop adjuster which is very nice and accessable compared with the L96 variety which requires usually an allen key it clicks each time it moves also which is a lovely little feature too. the outer barrel is full metal and quite chunky which is good as this adds also to the durability of the weapon. Finally the front of the gun features a dovetail which is used for the front iron sight tbh with you I actually really like the iron sights this gun came with but it serves no purpose for long range engagement for me thats personal preference again really you could always use it at close range to really annoy someone as it will go through clothing but I doubt you will be able to airsoft much longer after doing something like that.
    The magazine is a gas one of course and is real solid again it holds 10 rounds and will not fall out when the bolt is in the ready position due to the design of the gun which is another little neat feature.
    There are several sling mount points on the weapon also that are again rock solid however if you wanted to attach a sling to it then you will probably need some keyrings as they are way too thin to accept tactical slings. It also accepts a Harris Bipod on one of the front sling mounts or the rear one if you want to be different which would allow for steady aiming for all of you "I'm not moving" types.

Internals:
    The trigger is very light on this gun and in the instruction manual it states you can actually change how far back the trigger pull is and how hard it can be which is a neat little feature allowing for perfect trigger pulls for all you super snipers out there. The bolt itself far as I can tell can be adjusted also to release more or less gas depending on what kind of FPS is allowed but you can change the FPS depending on what gas you use, I do not recommend using gas with a lot of silicon oil in it as this fouls up the hop unit and makes it very inconsistent FPS wise and accuracy wise, use Propane or abbey brut sniper gas or some kind of less powerful gas that does not use silicon.

Moving onto the hop unit is solid its simply two pieces of metal screwed together to form a seal however the hop nub, this is the little piece of plastic that pushes down to allow the BB to backspin is awful in every aspect its a half moon shape which would led me to believe that in the design of it they were thinking how can we make a good gun bad or someone who was obsessed with moon shaped objects perhaps anyway this hop nub needs to be replaced, what I replaced it with was nothing more than a piece of Biro, they work identically to a real hop nub and for snipers theyre great as there is no flex in it at all.
    The inner barrel is what people seem to complain about the most in these rifles that theyre quite large in diameter 6.1mm but tbh with you after I changed the hop nub it was incredibly consistent when shooting at long range, the inner barrel length just to note down is 630mm long so you would have to get something slightly shorter or longer as 630 is hard to find, the inner barrel itself is a standard AEG type so chaging the barrel is not hard whatsoever.

Overall:
    This sniper rifle is great once you have done a little bit of work to it and when I say a little bit of work changing the hop nub in this thing doesnt take long and is straight forward, if you were looking for a stock gas sniper that is good go ahead and buy a tanaka but it will come with a large price tag, plus they are hard to find in Britain if you want something that is durable reliable and an easy fix get this its a brilliant sniper I cant recommend it more, the range you get out of this thing is ridiculous you can hit a torso sized target easily out to 90m once you change that hop unit. I would recommend this Sniper to anyone who wants something other then a springer sniper, that is cheap and packs a punch my one fires at 400FPS on 0.40g madbull bb's and can easily reach past normal AEG range this sniper requires you to take into account the coriolis effect its that long range!

Finally if anyone has any questions on the M700 please feel free to ask

About the Author

Collapse

cheesenibbler Started airsofting properly about 4 years ago been doing it ever since joined an airsoft society at Nottingham Trent University was a member and became secretary and again I have a great time just enjoying myself on the field. I am now the airsoft tech guy for Southdown airsoft! Find out more about cheesenibbler
Working...
X