Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: King Arms R93 Blaser Tactical LSR1

Crasstoe,

Thank you so much for providing a wealth of info for the blaser. I've been using it and its great! I am interested in upgrading it. Currently, a reinforced trigger & 550 cylinder set are in shipment. I've got several questions regarding the Madbull Accelerator Hop (RED). I'm trying to figure out which hop was used/is best for the Blaser. There is the SNIPER ACCELERATOR HOPUP BUCKING or a Madbull 60 Degree Hop-Up Bucking Accelerator. Do you prefer one over another? Or would you suggest a different type?

Thanks,
    Cab

Comment

Crasstoe

Hello!, Im from Chile and I own a Blaser... I have a little story for you:

I am a user of a Blaser R93 Sniper rifle and I have some details that I want you to know about this nice and reliable rifle that KA made for us.

First of all, I have been using this rifle for about one year, every weekend, shooting between 30 and 60 bb´s every weekend.

At the beggining everything was ok, no problems at all. Then I started to see if I could Upgrade it, so I bought from ******* airsoft and I bought an Upgrade cilider with spring, spring guide and piston (KA-PA-18), and a (KA-PA-26), after using the upgrade for a couple of weekends, I realiced that the srping guide was scratching the "upper-inside" of the cilider, making it reaaaaally hard to pull and push back in. So I put some lubricant inside and this became a little bit easier, but every weeken I have to lubricate again. And the trigger is too hard to pull.

After this I started to see that the back part of the cilider, where the handle is attached to the cilider, was starting to get loose, separating the back of the cilinder of the cilinder it-self. This was because of the four "bolts" that holds the back of the cilider to the cilinder body, were not strong enought to hold the pressure that you do when pulling the handle to load a bb. I had to make some changes to this and I put "Liquid Steel" to stick the back to the cilider, and I put 4 Steel small sticks, one that goes all across, and another 2 making the "cross", covering all the four holes. With this it stopped moving and it is strong since then.
      After a couple of weeks using it, I saw in the hop up Chamber, that is receibing all the "hit-power" of the cilinder head when the srping is released, this is changing the shape of the body of the hop up chamber, this is important, because it can brake the hop up chamber, or the plastic parts.

Then 2 weekends ago, the steel spring guide broke where the thread is conected to the stick of the spring guide, so I can say that this is an important thing to improove, as the Upgrade I think is too strong for the thread of the steel spring guide. And the bearings of the srping guide where all squished because of the strength of the spring. Because of this I weld both parts together and now is working fine.

And the last thing but no less important, the magazines, are supposed to contain about 50 bbs inside, but when I reload all the 50 bbs, i doesnt shoot at all, and I started to try with less bbs inside, and I figured out that with 30 bbs is the best amount to reload so the magazine doesnt get stuck with bbs inside.

I have been looking for a hop up chamber to have as a replace part, but I havent found one yet in the market.

As a resume:

Upgrade Cilinder Issues:
      Spring Guide scratching the upper-Inside cilinder (Strong Springs - 560 - 600 fps)
      Cilider body attachments not strong enough
      Trigger Hard as a rock
      Hop Up deforming because of the strenght of the spring
      Spring guide not strong enough for strong srings (560 - 600fps)
      Magazine Issues
      At 50 bbs inside it get stuck, better use 30 to 35 bbs

So what do you think about this story? I sent this to KA last year and I didnt got any answer from them... Have anyone of you guys had some trouble like this too?

At the moment my Blaser is working fine but having some trouble with the hop up...

I have the upgrade cilinder (550-600fps), reinforced trigger.

Sorry about the loooong story :P

Thank you

Carlos
      Chilean Knight

Comment

Hi Cab,

My personal preference is the 60 degree rubber. I find it is slightly softer than the shooter specific rubber meaning less hi needs to be applied to add spin to the bb. Meaning less chance of jams.

Carlos, an interesting read! I don't run a spring as hard as yours (fps must be below 500 with .2g here in the UK) so haven't encountered the issues you have. Personally I've found KA to be very supportive however there is a definite lack of support for the 1st Gen r93. Sorry I can't offer much more help to you.
        Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Finally my UKARA form has been sent off after my last one expired. In regards to the R93, are you saying get the KA-AG-87 over the KA-AG-74?

From there, any recommended upgrades from the start? Is it worth replacing the hop rubber or is the stock one satisfactory for now?

Comment

Just seen this (sorry for necro), hop rubber is a must in my opinion - after that the rest is to your taste. The 87 is a newer model and has better parts support - if I was buying a new one I would aim for that.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Really great thread I'm torn between this or a TM vsr 10 G spec. Which one is better put of the box? I'm looking for range and accuracy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
              Working...
              X