aiming or spraying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aiming or spraying

there's two schools with airsoft ,aimed shots and spray and pray or maybe i'm wrong?
    now you can use an aeg as a hose pipe or only pull the trigger when there is something in the cross hairs or a bit of both as was my usual definition of my style i.e. aim then spray but at a recent ww2 game i was for the first time useing a bolt action battle rifle ,that is a sub 350fps bolt action (no min engagement distance)and at first it was disastrous i was hitting nothing but then i started really using the sights and patiently not snatching the trigger when the muzzle was roughly the right direction and the result was a revelation.Now i've got to point out that there was a mix of guns ,support,smg and rifles but once i got to aiming properly i found i was picking of players with aeg's on a equal footing just because i was aiming and they were spraying,my one aimed shot hit home before they homed in on me.i think its called "the doc holiday syndrome" ,the idear is that doc holiday (western gun fighter)didnt care if he died (he was a depressive alcoholic) so he didnt rush his shot but just aimed and fired and thus killed a lot of people who rushed their shot and missed.
    so without a load of ego ,whats your take on it?

Re: aiming or spraying

Aiming is all fair an well, unfortunately at distance most aegs are not very accurate so people spray and pray and try and arc shots over barricades hoping one will hit home,
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I do a little of both situation dependant really, I'll do a lot of semi auto work, however there are times where support fire is required.
      I do actually admire someone who can go into a firefight against full auto and come out on top.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

like i said it was my first time in 14 years of airsoft in that kind of head to head but lets lave ego's at the door,i was just surprised by the result,but it may change thing's going on in my playing.whats more the aeg i took along as a spare gun came out hot on the crono so i had little choice in the matter.

Comment

Same as above.

Both have their place on the field.

I love the warm glow inside when i have spotted a target, bided my time and hit them with a single shot whilst aiming. I feel special in that moment.

However, if i need to cross open ground, or i suspect there is an enemy hidden by a bush, i have no issue with speculative full auto goodness. If nothing else it will hopefully keep their heads down while i move.

Comment

Like lokie has put very well, it depends on the moment in the game. One shot one kills in airsoft are very satisfying,
            I try and ambush people alot, so generally use semi auto, however if a few or more enemy are present than full auto is require to drop them quicker without the fear of incoming rounds.
            Just go with what feels right at the time.
            sigpic

Comment

Just don't use auto, end of. Single aimed or triple and thats it, cannot even think of the last time I did triple tbh. Never been on my to do list. Manage just fine ta!
              Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

each has its place and time for use but it also depends on what weapon you have e.g. an M249 etc is supposed to be used on full auto, its meant for supresive fire. a DMR ish style weapon like an M14 single shot. as for assault rifles single shot but the odd short burst of full auto if its needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                  Just don't use auto, end of. Single aimed or triple and thats it, cannot even think of the last time I did triple tbh. Never been on my to do list. Manage just fine ta!
                  Single? Triple?? What are these things??? Spray and don't pray ftw! hehe

Comment

i do a lot of semi-auto to be honest.

very occasionally, like if i see three or four dudes behind cover i've flanked, they will get sprayed!

Comment

i suppose also do you keep the target in sights while on auto or follow the spray is another way to frame the question?

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                        i suppose also do you keep the target in sights while on auto or follow the spray is another way to frame the question?
                        God no! I just point the gun round the corner or tree and fire otherwise I might get shot and it hurts!

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.

I am fairly certain you don't.
                          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                            Hahahahahahaha.

I am fairly certain you don't.
                            Ok ok, you got me! I use one of those cornershot things!

Comment

I don't own a gun capable of full auto. So all aimed for me!
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                              Working...
                              X